chapter thirty four

Start from the beginning

Nora shook her head grumbling at how stupid of an idea it was for James to even be the slighted concerned, watching him get up aggressively and walking over to her, towering the girl.

"What?"

"We're going somewhere."

Nora scoffed at the boy, shaking her head and knowing his tactics by now. "James you just can't make me go places every time I'm sad. It's not going to work another time." She said in all honest truth, getting back to her doodling.

James rolled his eyes, coming to sit down and hesitant to put his hand on hers, Nora stiffens when she knew they were in a public setting. "Nora I'm concerned, ever since Sirius left you've put up a wall against him — and me. I want to be here for you."

"But you're also there for him. You can't be there for both of us at the same time." Nora whispered harshly, staring into the eyes that always make her knees weak, even if she was sitting.

In that moment it made Nora began to wonder why James cared so much about her, taking his hand off of her and clearing her throat. "Nora I'm always going to be here for you, not matter what." He whispered to her, being in close proximities between each other.

She felt her breath hitch, her eyes fluttered as she looked at James begin to get up, leaning toward her ear. "You can't get rid of me that easily." He whispered in her ear, goosebumps appearing all over as she let go of a breath she didn't even mean to hold in.

Going back to his spot, Nora felt James' foot by her, giving her reassurance that he was truly going to be there for her., through thick and thin.

Cannot believe I'm sitting here with him, she thought, feeling a little warm, looking to see James already staring at her with nothing but a warm smile that made her cheeks red, her body feeling goosebumps knowing that it only took James to smile for Nora to feel some warmth in her cold heart, her eye lashes fluttering with embarrassment almost.

It made her almost giddy, knowing James was the only person that could truly cheer her up in these dark times. Moments like these Nora knew she couldn't take James for granted, stringing him along through the darkest of times wasn't going to be healthy, especially when the two knew there's a mutual connection between them; both not wanting to give up on this.

"At least pretend to do work." Nora whispered to him, ignoring her thoughts and just staring at the boy before her, wondering what he and her means.

James had mumbled a yes ma'am, taking one of her books and opening it to a random page of her Charms textbook, feeling a little giddy when he knew what this spell was, pretending he was studying for a class.

"Before I actually look at this horrible book, are you going to dinner anytime soon? I had quidditch like three hours ago and I'm starving." He questioned, putting his hand over his mouth and awaiting her answer.

Nora resisted the urge to roll her eyes at him, putting her quill down and staring at the boy with a look of, do you ever shut up? And unfortunately she already knew that answer, grabbing her things.

"Alright, let's go to dinner." She grumbled, holding her books, staring daggers at the boy, walking out of the library together.

"Can I hold your books for you, or are we not there yet?" James' voice dripped with sarcasm, groaning when his chest was hit with Nora's books, certainly taking that opportunity to be hands free.

"Well aren't you a good lad?" Nora grinned, pinching James' cheeks as he whined a little bit. "Merlins tit that hurt." He whined, wishing he could rub his red cheek and flushed with embarrassment.