After having to listen to my history teacher lecture us about the upcoming test, It was lunch period and Phoebe hadn't said anything until now.

"I have someone I have to see. I'll catch you later." Phoebe said after looking away from her phone.

That was new, we always ate lunch together. I figured it was because I was rude earlier, I'd apologize later, so I continued walking down the hall.

When I got to the classroom door, there was another student in there with Mrs. Smith. I walked in slowly trying to see who it was and surprisingly it was Maddison. I didn't know much about her except that she was the most popular girl in school. The Cheer Captain of West Creek High and she is loved by almost everyone. She wasn't on my radar.

"There's a math presentation coming up, as you both know. I wanted to pair you guys together." Mrs. Smith said handing me a package of papers off her desk.

"It's due Friday, it'll bump your grade up. You need it after you failed the test." Mrs. Smith said patting Maddison's shoulder.

Maddison looked over at me. Her hazel eyes looked between the teacher and me. She didn't look happy to do this. I think she wanted a different partner.

"You can come over to my house, I'll send you the address." Maddison offered pulling her phone out of her purse.

I handed her my phone, I didn't bother protesting against it. This was taking time away from being home. That man was probably still there. Who knows if anyone was watching Sabrina? I waited for her to hand me back my phone. Grabbing my bag and phone, I left the classroom, only to hear clinking sounds behind me.

"Henry!"

I stopped and turned around, it was Maddison. Luckily, the halls were empty and nobody was witnessing this soon-to-be embarrassing moment.

"You didn't give me the chance to speak to you," Maddison said biting her lip nervously. "I didn't know we were in the same class," Maddison added as she checked her watch.

I just nodded, "I have a class to study for, I'll see you later." I muttered leaving Maddison alone.

Her pulling the 'I didn't know we were in the same class' was so stereotypical. It's always what I expected her to say considering she is a part of a crowd of students I hated.

The hour went by and now I'm with Phoebe who finds this whole thing funny. I had just finished telling her about being paired up with Maddison and me having to go to her house after school.

"This could be a good thing. You could get a makeover like in Mean Girls." Phoebe laughed as she sipped her milkshake.

Now I'm regretting my choice of telling her what had happened earlier

"She was a girl, and this is real life," I said cringing at the thought of Maddison giving the bad boy look and the spiked hair.

I don't see anything wrong with the clothes or my hair. I look like any normal teenager, skinny with a little muscle and glasses that fitted my slim face perfectly. I wasn't any prince charming but I was very far from being ugly.

"You're not being grateful for this opportunity right now," Phoebe said shrugging her shoulders.

I rolled my eyes, this wasn't helping at all.

"This isn't helping my case if people find out that I've been hanging around Maddison..." I trailed off, gripping my coffee mug.

I wasn't blind, I saw the way Alexander would trail after Maddison. I didn't need a jock worrying that I was stealing his girl. Besides I had bigger things to worry about.

"I have to get to work," I said leaving money for my half.

A Few Hours Later

When I got to Maddison's house, it was now 9:32 pm. The moon was out and the street lights were on. I parked my car in front of her house and got out grabbed my bookbag and then closed the door. The driveway was empty so I assume she was home alone.

As I walked up to the front door, I admired her house. It was big and fancy, not what I'd go far but I'd choose it over my run-down house any day. I scoffed at the thought as I got to her door ringing the doorbell.

I was great at math, spectacular at it even. I could do the whole thing by myself. Yet, here I am at the Head Cheerleader's house ready to work on an assignment I could do with my eyes closed. The door opened after maybe a minute revealing my partner.

Maddison was in a blue shirt and sweatpants. Her brown hair was pulled into a ponytail.

She moved out of the way, letting me in. Her house was huge and it smelt like freshly popped popcorn.

"I didn't think you were coming," Maddison said closing the door.

"I had to work after school," I explained following Maddison.

While going up the stairs, I looked at the photos. Must've been nice to take family portraits. There was multiple of Maddison by herself.

"I won't be able to say long, we can finish the equations first and I'll do the rest," I explained once we reached her room.

Maddison looked at me, just nodding.

"I don't mind doing more than just the equations," Maddison said grabbing the pack of papers from me. I just sat down on the edge of her bed, feeling this would last longer than 30 minutes.

Thoughts On Henry?

Y'all can also share thoughts on Maddison.

Okay...see y'all