Chapter 10

"This kinda sucks"

Here you were in the cat cafe FINALLY working and Deckard is gone which lead to a massive hit the cafe took with bills. You sighed while standing at the counter only hoping someone will walk in wanting to try the food you all try to prepare. By all you mean you and Howell a few of the other Wizard kids are here but they stick around to chat or help out a bit. But currently, there isn't really anything to do.

"This is pointless..." while petting Mayor Grandma on the back as she purred in your hands you look over at Howell who looks distressed at the state of the cafe you attempted to clean yourself since Howell gets into moods over the cafe being in RUINS basically and no one else wants to clean. He looked over at you and sighed as well while petting Charles who had jumped into his arms.

"What will we do now, since there's no one I can really boss around anymore except you"

You rolled your eyes at his remark you left the counter and walked over to him to reach your hand out and pat his head.

"It will be okay Howell, things will get better soon... ONCE YOU STOP PUTTING THAT SHITTY BLACK SAUCE ALL OVER THE FOOD I MAKE"

ah yes, the main argument every day between you two was about the food which you would try and make since none of the Wizard siblings besides Deckard actually knew how to cook a full meal. Now you weren't a master chef but you knew a thing or two about cooking which can usually tend to be a 50/50 chance with you. "What do you mean? It makes the food look more presentable than what you do with it!" Howell didn't really yell at you but when it came to arguing against you he wasn't afraid to throw insults if he needed to.

He brought out a handkerchief and began to slowly dab the corners of his eyes "oh woe is me if only Deckard were here to save me from this monstrosity of food you cook" you gave him a deadpan look and quietly walk away from his second dramatic cry time of the day. "Hey! Where are you going Y/N you are supposed to comfort me in my time of need!" You sigh dramatically and slinked back over to him.

"I always do and it's for the same thing about the food that I cook that you ruin with that black sauce"

cringing slightly at your mention of the sauce god you hated it. He just looked down at you and pulled the handkerchief away from his face "So? You're my best friend and my assistant manager-" he froze as he said this he wasn't supposed to tell you that you have been promoted he wanted to surprise you. Although seeing the sparkle in your eyes makes him take that back.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY???"

You were absolutely over the moon and hugged him. "Thank you thank you thank you-" he patted your back trying to act like it wasn't a big deal but honestly he enjoyed you hugging him. "Alright now quiet down you have thanked your amazing talented manager enough just because you get to boss people around now I am still above you which means-" too late you were already on your way to harass Crispin who had been hogging the toilet for literally the whole day making clown figurines. You had started banging on the door to the bathroom

"HEY YOU CRISPIN GET OUT OF THERE NOWWWW"

Haha finally you got him that was until Wesley came out of the bathroom looking down at you confused asf. Meanwhile, Crispin had come out from the kitchen and towards the front where the bathroom was and started laughing and pointing at you. "HAHAHA YOU THOUGHT I WAS STILL IN THERE? my clown statue making is a certain time... " You literally felt your face heat up in embarrassment while looking up at Wesley you squeaked an apology "It's fine Y/N I was just adding more fish to the water-" now here comes Howell from the kitchen "Oh are you kidding me, Wesley?? What have I told you about putting the fish in the bathroom??"

Thus another argument ensues between Wesley and Howell which is mostly Howell speaking and Wesley giving short clap backs to him. Meanwhile, you turned over to Crispin who had stopped laughing and marched over there which stopped his laughter as he started backing up "no no NO! You stay away!!" He knows Cas has been showing you some wrestling moves when she has spare time when you two would have a home spa day together. You ignored him and began to sit on his back while you tugged his leg. "APOLOGIZE NOWWW" meanwhile all of this is going on a customer walks in.

"Umm are you guys open-"

they had just watched the utter chaos that was ensuing it was when you noticed they were there you screamed "CUSTOMER!" All of a sudden you and Crispin were up next to each other and Howell came next to you with Wesley quickly fleeing the scene and going back into the bathroom. Howell fixed your dress a bit and nodded to himself and your eye twitched but you kept a smiling face to the customer.

"Hello! Welcome to the cat cafe! Please follow me to your seat!"

You briskly picked up a menu from the front as your dress swished around your waist while you head the customer to their seat and handed them a menu "Here you go I will be back in a jiffy! Would you like to start off with any drinks?" The customer responded with tea which you marked in your cat-themed notebook with your teddy bear pen that you put away and announced you will be back. While walking into the kitchen to make the tea as Howell was busy chatting with Crispin about fighting in the cafe in front of customers while you finished making the tea Howell grabbed a tea set for you and put it down so you can pour the tea. After you poured the tea you walked back out to the customer and placed the tea on the table while taking your notes and pen out again.

"Are you ready to order?"

The customer nodded and stated they would like a cat-shaped sandwich meal "alrighty! I will be back with your order!" You winked at them as you finished jotting down the order and headed back to the kitchen. Only Howell was in there now "Crispin finally left for his weird garage thing" you sighed and began making the cat-themed order for the customer "Damn rude Crispin didn't even say goodbye 😒" you were busy cutting the bread to be cat-shaped as Howell continued "Yeah after you manhandled him he just up and left... he said he would forgive you if you go help him" you nearly froze was Howell for real?

Crispin never invited you to go over to the garage before maybe because you don't have a vehicle or anything. "Hmm, I will see after I'm done here" finishing up the cat-themed food you brought it out to the customer before Howell can put that sauce on it gently putting it down in front of them "Enjoy! Let me know if you need anything else!" You smiled at them and went to go stand by the front desk in case they need anything. It was quite a while and they finally finished and paid while leaving a generous tip. "Thank you come again!" You went to pick up their plate and you spot a $50 tip underneath the teacup if you weren't holding a plate and tea set you would have started running out of the cafe.

After walking into the kitchen all giddy seeing Howell cleaning up after you had made the food. He looked over at you with an eyebrow raised "Why are you so happy? Oh wait is it 'cause I'm still here with you?" You rolled your eyes while smiling "yes and no the customer gave me a large tip!!" After pushing the bill in front of his pretty face he smiled "See we will be okay without Deckard" bruh that's what you told him ever since Deckard had left.

"Howell I have been telling you that ever since Deckard left for Cooking Prince Academy" he shrugged before looking at the time "Oh! It's already 3 pm! You can go now I will finish up here just feed the cats before you go!" You nodded "Okay! Bye Howell!!!" You wave at him smiling as you left to go feed the cats who were waiting eagerly to be fed. "Bye Y/N!" He continued to finish washing the dishes, he was really grateful for your help in the cafe. Even though he never really explicitly says it he appreciates you.

"Alright my kitties feeding time!!"

You began to pour the cat food into the many bowls in the corner of the cafe and refilling the water bowls with fresh water. As you finished you headed out before noticing one of the female cats was getting bigger. "Hmm probably eating too much.." you shrugged before heading on out to Crispin's weird clown garage.