One time thing? (Wednesday + Enid)

Over the past week, Enid's smiles had dwindled, until none remained.
And Wednesday hated it.
The only person allowed to upset her is me.
Her jaw twitched when Enid came into their room after classes, not even sparing her a glance, let alone the usual grin Wednesday had grown to li- tolerate.
'Enid.' Wednesday stood at the foot of the warewolf's bed.
'What's up Wednesday?' Enid was scrolling through tiktok. But what would usually be filled with cute giggles, cute? really Wednesday? and obnoxiously adorable laughter, was silence, like
it had been for the past few days.
'What has got you upset?' Wednesday forces out, feeling nauseous at the act of talking about feelings.
'Nothing. Just go back to writing your stupid novel.' Enid shrugged.
Enid never shrugged.
'1) it is not stupid. 2) you have been moping around the whole week, and I had gotten accustomed to the burning of my retinas from your smile. It is quiet enjoyable torture.' Wednesday wanted to punch herself.
'It was the full moon last week. And- and I don't know why but I- I even went to the kennels! And I didn't transition.' Enid had tossed her phone on her bed, gripping the sheets in distress and rambling, shaking in uncontrolled upset.
'And I don't know if I ever will again you know?! Like was the first time just a one time thing? What will my mother think? God, I-'
'Enid. You don't just wolf out one time and never again. I've read enough books to know. You will transition again. Don't worry.' Wednesday awkwardly patted Enid's head.
'Don't worry? Don't worry?! Wednesday I didn't transition. I didn't wolf out. I'm not normal.' Enid's eyes are glassy, and Wednesday almost steps back in fear of being infected by Enid's wave of emotion.
'I read that there have been wolves that took a few full moons to consecutively turn, it is not abnormal for this to happen.' Wednesday recited, hoping to ease Enid's troubles, and get her to smile again god dammit.
'Wait, why have you read so much on wolves?' Enid furrowed her brows and cocked her head to one side, much like a puppy.
Wednesday melted a little inside.
'Undisclosed.' Wednesday practically stumbled in her haste to get back to her safe side of the room.
—-
It was reaching the next full moon, and even if Wednesday wasn't familiar with the moon cycle, Enid's obvious growing anxiety was a clear sign.
'Thing, Enid must turn this full moon. I fear what will become of her if she doesn't.' Wednesday mutters to the hand.
Why do you care so much huh?
'Shut your fingers before I chop them off. You need to stop with that nonsense.'
It's not nonsense. It's feelings. Specifically your feelings for Enid.
'Don't go off topic, we need to think of ways to make her turn.' Wednesday found it increasingly more infuriating talking to Thing. It would always bring up these feelings (gross) she apparently harboured for Enid, which it was obviously incorrect about.
Well last time you being in danger triggered her change.
'That's it. I shall put myself in grave danger, and she will wolf out again.'
Well maybe not grave-
'Thing. You've done enough. Now we must gather supplies. I want to be tortured enough Enid will wolf out everyday for the next week, maybe even the next year.'
—-
Wednesday had planned it to perfection. And she almost quirked her lip in anticipation, because this tied together her two favourite things perfectly.
Being in pain, and making Enid happy- wait, what????
Okay, so Wednesday had feelings for Enid, she had decided to accept them, and burry them, potentially along with herself, until this disgusting disease called love was out of her system.
Thing had told her it was a stupid idea. She had threatened it with another electrocution, but not the saving kind.
Wednesday had placed herself on a table, wrists tied to it, along with her ankles, and recruited Xavier as her torturer.
Enid wasn't particularly fond of the boy already, always growling at him when he stood next to Wednesday and baring her fangs when he spoke.
Xavier had made a small cut on Wednesday's hand, so the scent of her blood would be on him, and they had left the door of the girls room open.
Enid walked through just as the full moon reached the window of their room.
'Hey Wends, no wolfing out for me tonight so I'm just gonna... Xavier.' Enid had turned, taken one look at the situation, and growled lowly.
'Hello Enid. Nothing to see here, just dissecting your roommate.' Xavier said, his strategically placed knife centimetres away from piercing pale skin.
'Over my dead body.' Enid snarled loudly, and then her face fell. A loud, awful crack sounded, and Enid screamed.
Another, followed by another, flooded the room as Enid's body spasmed forcefully.
Wednesday looked away, seeing Enid in too much pain hurting her far more than any physical pain could.
After a minute of painful shouts and bone breaking sounds, silence filled the room.
Wednesday turned back around to see Enid's wolf in the middle of the room, mighty and handsome.
Wednesday swooned.
The wolf tipped its large head back, faced the window and howled, long and loud.
'Xavier. Get out of here.' Wednesday said, untying herself from the flimsy restraints and getting off the table.
X
Xavier ran out the door, and before the wolf could chase him, Wednesday blocked the way.
Enid barked in anger, about to push past the pale girl.
'No, Enid. Stay. You will not go after him.' Wednesday put her hand out, and Enid shuffled back, huffing and whining.
'Good girl.' Enid huffed once more, then approached Wednesday's hand and rolled her fur against it, pushing herself into the girls palm.
'You want stroking, puppy?' Wednesday said, her voice annoyingly soft and weak.
Enid looked up at her, her yellow eyes gentle, even for a wolf.
And that's how Wednesday found herself for the next hour, petting and rubbing and nuzzling into the wolfs soft fur.
And no she did not fall asleep.
She fell asleep. And she woke up, warm and cuddling something very human, instead of very dog.
Enid's bright blue eyes were open when Wednesday found them.
'Wednesday.' And the way she breathed out her name, Wednesday knew there was no turning her back on her feelings, not when the depth of them was rooted in her heart.
'Enid. You turned. I knew you would.' Wednesday didn't realise her hand was stroking Enid's hair, until her nails were touching scalp, and Enid was gulping heavily.
'You- I- Xavier?' Enid was blushing. Wednesday was too.
'A plot. To get you to turn. Seeing me in danger worked last time.' Wednesday said as explanation.
'I hope you don't have to get into danger everytime I want to turn.' Enid jokes.
'I would risk it. For you.' Wednesday wasn't sure where her words were coming from, but she surprisingly didn't hate it.
'You would?'
'Yes. I have grown quite fond of you Enid, despite my intentions to not. And, and I think I would enjoy courting you, if that's something you'd also like?' Wednesday had never felt this nervous in her life.
'You dork. I turned for you. That basically means marriage in wolf world. I would like to date you too Wends.' Enid had moved closer.
Wednesday breathed a sigh in relief and, god when did Enid get so close?
'Can I kiss you, puppy?' Wednesday was tinted red as Enid nodded, and the first brush of lips made both girls shiver.
Enid angled her neck, and their lips slotted together, and they were kissing.
Fully, finally, and soul crushingly beautiful.
Wednesday could get used to this.
So could Enid.