Chapter 15: Everyone is foreign, but you're so familiar

Depuis le début

Now, she's floating mid air, holding her breath while still in the water. She tries to move, but the pressure is too strong that she could barely do anything. 

'Are you fucking serious?'  Yves speaks to Jinsoul through her mind. The blue haired girl only cocks an eyebrow while looking back at her, with her arms crossed.

'Put me down.'

'So you can continue throwing those shitty fireballs to me? No thanks.'

'Jinsoul I can't fucking breathe!'

When Jinsoul's satisfied with the panic all over Yves' face, she finally let her go, splashing the ball of water down the floor. And for the second time tonight, Yves is gasping for air. 

"You're a baby." Jinsoul rolls her eyes. 

It didn't take long before Yves finally calmed down, sitting on a high stool with Jinsoul at the bar counter with the last bottle of liquor.

"You should know by now what I meant when I said that I was trying to help you out." Jinsoul said as she pours Yves a glass, which the latter quietly took after. 

"I also feel bad about it y'know." Jinsoul adds, downing a glass of vodka herself. "Choerry's also clueless like Yeojin, although her case was different." 

Yves turns to her, waiting for her to speak more. "Ah, Choerry's not really a god." Jinsoul pauses, pouring another glass. "When Hyunjin left, Lip and I thought she needed a replacement. So, yeah. I went to the human world and sneaked a cake with a cherry on top so she could go through the awakening and I could take her to our realm-- but then the great war happened."

Yves couldn't even process anything except the last part of what Jinsoul said, so she just drank from her glass and said, "Damn."

"So I needed her to stay there longer, though I never really knew if she's awakened already or not. And then I waited, and when I finally met her again-- I think she's overwhelmed." 

Yves hums, not really knowing what to say. Jinsoul doesn't mind, it even makes her more comfortable. "Just like you said, I don't wanna rush her'."

Both of them snickered out of the blue. 

"How's your meet and greet with the god of wisdom?" It's now Jinsoul's turn to ask. 

"I ran a lot."

"Ah, I see that she tries to run away again. That's the Hyunjin that I know."

"It's all useless. She came up with nothing after all that I said." Yves huffed. "She just said that maybe Chuu buried all the answers with her."

"But she wasn't buried, was she?"

Yves froze, slowly turning her head to Jinsoul, who's also shocked with what she just said. But then it makes sense. 

"...fuck." they both mumbled. 

Yves massaged her temple, trying to ease the headache from their sudden realization. Maybe Hyunjin really came up with something, it's just that she didn't say it specifically. If Chuu indeed buried all the answers with her, and Yves ate Chuu, it means the answers were literally within her. 

It's now starting to make sense. 

"The dreams." Yves finally speaks again. "I haven't told Hyunjin about the dreams." 

In fact, she hasn't told anyone about it. 

"What dreams?" Jinsoul asks, getting her head starting to spin around because of the alcohol. 

"About the human." Yves says, downing another drink. "I've been dreaming about her, but I have no idea where those dreams came from. As if we're close-- it feels weird, it felt like a memory, but I don't even remember shit like that."