Chapter 2: When her hair wasn't in the shade of red

¤¤¤

Her hair was not really in the shade of red.

It was long, black, and wavy. Her lips back then was in a darker shade of red, something like wine--bold and intimidating yet inviting at the same time. 

She got that long layered burgundy skirt she used to wear, something that matches her black embroidered sheer top. And on her favorite boots, she always goes for a walk along the paths of skulls, glowing in the hue of blue to light up the place covered with thick fog, almost suffocating as it is being forced inside her lungs. There's no trace of daylight in her realm, just plain darkness. 

She knows she shouldn't be complaining anymore, for sure this is way better than what she's gone through back when she was in hell. Fucking hell, that place toasted her from head to toe. She had to go through that blazing heat for nine centuries that even here she still have that smoky smell. 

She doesn't deny her sin though. She knew that it would cost her her future for escaping that lovely garden --and to think she even brought two of the gods residing there. The chaos was tripled when they got caught. But then she was young, and stupid, and perhaps too ambitious. She thought she had already reached the peak of her power when she reached a millennium, a time she thought that was perfect to go on a journey of becoming someone greater than the almighty, the highest of them all. The one who created the universe and all the realms designated for the appointed gods. 

She had such great and grand plan of defiance.

And she failed.

She fucked up the moment she told the head mistress of the garden that she don't mind leaving one of her sisters behind if she won't stop being such a killjoy.

Because the ones she brought out with her were the same ones who surrendered her to the lord justice. And with that, the other two had their wishes granted for their acts of loyalty while she was thrown in the fiery pits of hell, all powers she possessed were stripped off her.

fucking treachery. 

It bounced back to her when she didn't even have the chance to do it herself.

Well, at least she got good news just when she thought she's gonna spend her tenth century in hell. She was relocated at the river of death, catering souls who's having a hard time crossing the afterlife.

The lord justice told her, 'You did a good job convincing your sisters to escape the garden, right? Now, let's put your skills into good use.'

And that's how she ended up sitting at the edge of the dock, clowning these annoying lost souls to ride the darn boat for fuck's sake.

"I promised that I'd wait for her so we could cross the afterlife together!" The man cried out.

"Yeah but you've been staying here too long, haven't you told her to follow you right away?" She shot back, not even looking at him.

"That would be selfish of me! I wanted her to live her life happily until she's ready to face death--"

"Yikes." She spat out, finally looking at the poor soul. "To think that she's living her life for a little too long...doesn't that make her the selfish one instead?" She said, her lips forming into a smirk. The man's eyes went wide, trying to process that ridiculous thought.

"You see, love makes humans go through such extent that one couldn't fathom... if she loves you so dear, she couldn't live another day without you. She could've died in so much pain y'know?"

The man couldn't help but cry in frustration.

"See? You're the only one suffering here." She tried to sound sympathetic as possible. She stared straight into his eyes.