Chapter 5: Home Bittersweet Home

¤¤¤

Vivi dies the next day.

Yves was horrified, of course. She just had a blast last night then she'll wake up only to see Vivi's body lying, all dried up on the floor, as if she's a flower that's withered overnight. 

Good thing no one else has seen it yet, but Yves knew she need to take the poor deer somewhere. 

And as much as she likes to curse herself for having Haseul at the top of her list to go to, she's got no choice because there's no one else in this realm who can help her.

She only got Vivi, and now that she's gone, she's got nowhere else to go to.

....

"Why the hell would you drunk-fuck a deer?!" Haseul asks frustratingly, her voice echoing around the halls of the justice tower. 

"How the fuck would I know?! I was drunk and so was she! And the thing here is, I drank Chuu's blood! Seriously, there's something in Chuu's blood!" Yves defended, making Haseul ran her hands over her face.

"How much do you know about your sisters?" Haseul asks, Yves anchored her eyebrows in confusion. 

"I mean, you're my sister too--"

"The garden gods, damn it!" 

"Oh yeah okay chill, goodness!" Yves hissed, massaging her temple. "We were made with our fruit scents..." She started pacing back and forth. 

"...Chuu's scent is strawberry, mine is apple. Then there's blood plum and pineapple."

"Does Chuu's scent have something to do with her powers? She's a god of love and nature." Haseul asked, lighting up a bulb in Yves's head.

"Vivi's body looked like a dried flower. I fucked her after drinking Chuu's blood. Does it mean--"

"Chuu's blood is some sort of poison, if consumed by someone else." Haseul concludes. "Have you felt something strange in your body before the incident?" 

"I felt horny."

"Weren't you just horny in nature? Being in hell for hundreds of years must add up--"

"Jeez Haseul can you just quit fucking around for a second?!--"

"Well, it was YOU who put yourself in this kind of situation for fucking around--"

"I know! I know! You don't have to shove the truth at my face! That's what exactly I'm here for! I need answers!"

"You need help and you're going to hold back that hell of a temper or else you'll go home with nothing." Haseul warns, making Yves let out an exasperated sigh. 

Haseul started going upstairs to her office, Yves following her in silence. It's a relief that they went quiet, because it's always them who's after each other's necks. 

When they got in, Haseul walked towards a bookshelf and picked up an old book. It was covered with so much dust, which is a surprise to Yves, knowing how much of a neat freak this woman was.

Haseul settled down on her office chair, opening the book while looking for something as she flipped the pages. She then stops at one page and stared at it for a moment, still not uttering a word. But her eyes were telling something, as if she felt some sort of nostalgia upon looking at the handwritten paragraphs on that specific page.  Yves being the curious cat, takes a peek while standing behind Haseul. She then read a familiar name.

'Hyunjin'

"So it isn't just me who's got some sissy issues huh?" 

"Shut up." Haseul scoffs, peeling off the page and folding it. Yves gasped at the sudden action, but calmed down when the paper was handed to her.