Chapter 7: It's the pain that brings the evil out of us

"Can't believe I'm letting you lead this stalking shit--"

"Shhh! Get down, they're leaving!" Yves hissed, dragging Jinsoul on her shoulders as they hide behind the trash bin at the lamp post across the bar. They saw you and Yerim when the door swung open, both drunk to even walk steadily down the stairs.

"And...? What do we do now, captain?" Jinsoul asks, now that they saw you calling a cab for your wasted friend. Yves still doesn't say a word, just staring at you as you fight yourself to keep your eyes open. She can see the crimson on your cheeks, suddenly having thoughts of how warm they feel like, then dismissing them as she shakes her head in annoyance.

"Yo, they're leaving!" Jinsoul snaps her back to reality, watching you guide Yerim in the cab.

"Then we let them leave." Yves finally answered, making the blue haired girl scoff in disbelief.

"You're no fun." She said, rolling her eyes.

...

"She hates me." Yves blurted out, sipping from her glass of whiskey as she sat down the couch at Jinsoul's penthouse.

"Now I understand the stalking and not coming out thingy." Jinsoul teased, also pouring a drink to her rock glass, sitting across Yves. "We should've confronted them. They already know us."

"She told me she don't wanna see the smug look in my face ever again."

"Woah." Jinsoul gasped. "Since when did you start giving shit about what mortals say?"

"Shut up." Yves groaned at the bitter aftertaste of the alcohol. "I don't wanna rush her."

"You're being really weird." Jinsoul remarks, downing her drink. "We spent a whole year looking for her and I never forgot how whiny you are about wanting to get this done." Jinsoul huffed, reaching for the bottle to pour her another glass. "...and now you wanna take things slow. Seriously, what's got into you?"

Yves could only stare at the cityscape through the high rise window. 

So, it's already been a year huh.

"Remember when we first met at the mansion?" Yves asked out of the blue. 

"Of course." Jinsoul titters. "You were so mad you almost killed me."

"I'm not sorry about that. You were kinda annoying that time." Yves said jokingly. "Sorry about accusing you of trespassing though. I never thought my sister trapped you in that house." 

"Olivia Hye was a total evil for venting out on me." Jinsoul rolled her eyes. "But I get her at some point. As someone who's also been left behind,  I get that feeling." She paused for a moment to get another bottle of alcohol.

Yves glanced at the blue haired god. No matter how cocky and annoying Jinsoul could be, she could still see the melancholy in her eyes. Maybe the long night in the city makes the two of them become vulnerable. 

"When I heard about your story, I felt some sort of nostalgia." Jinsoul said, walking back to the couch while carrying a bottle of brandy. "Hyunjin...She was actually the reason why the great war happened."

"The one you told me about the clash between the tower gods and the middle earth ones?" Yves asked, reaching for the bottle to pour a drink on her glass. 

"Uh-huh." Jinsoul nodded, sipping from her drink. "She used to be one of the guardians of the middle earth before, along with the god of time and I. But the god of justice claimed that Hyunjin was a god of wisdom, and that she belongs to the tower gods."

"Of course we felt betrayed! It feels like shit man. I mean, if you've lived with someone for a long long time, like you thought you've known her all your life then it turns out she was only tasked to watch over us as we grow up? As if she was some sort of babysitter? That's bullshit." Jinsoul huffed.