When I got to the door frame I felt a hand on my arm. Knowing it was Robbie I took his hand off.

I walked out the room and went to the nurses station. I put my hands on the desk and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Where's Evelyn? " I said and they just looked at me.

"Miss Olsen sh-"

"Don't you dare tell me she's dead! She can't be dead! " I yelled which caused people to look at me.

My legs finally gave out right then and there causing me to fall. Everything was starting to get blurry I don't know if its because of my tears but I suppose it wasn't because everything went black not long after.

Robbie did as I said and took anything that belonged to her and put it in her room. Then he locked it...

It's been around a week since I was discharged. But being in this house is worse then being at the hospital. Because there's memories of that child in every single corner of this house.

I can't even sleep properly because I keep reliving that nightmare. I keep hearing her voice yelling for me then a crash. It keeps playing in my head nonstop.

Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy! I'm so tired of it. I'm so sick of it.

A month later

I was finally cleared by my therapist to work again. I was filled up with anti depressants and still using them but the nightmares have somewhat stopped.

But I refuse to ever use a car again. I will not sit in a driver's seat again. The accident only happend because a sleep deprived truck driver hit the car but.

I can't, because everytime I sit in that seat all I can hear and see is that moment.

No one had mentioned her even once after we cleared her belongings. No one said her name or anything connected to her.

Even I try not to think about her because it hurts so much. It feels like my heart is getting ripped to shreads everytime I think about her.

Everytime I think about her laugh, smile, face. Everytime, every single time.

I still believe it should have been me. I've done everything in my life. I graduated, I became what I wanted to be, I got married and settled down and I had her.

I had my little baby.

But she, she was only 2 she could hardly make full sentences yet she died.

Her little heart stopped beating. After I woke up in the hospital they agreed to show me. I saw her tiny body all blue. It had been afew days since she had passed so she was freezing and was truly a corpse.

Her cheeks that were once pink were now gray. Her lips that were as red as roses were blue.

Seeing her dead made my guilt build up more and it hasn't gone down one bit.

I just stopped dragging myself down. I just thought that if she were alive she would have been mad at whoever made me cry.

When I was watching something sad and she would see me cry. She would make a frown and get angry at the movie.

Telling me not to cry. Thinking about that makes me cry and laugh. She truly didn't deserve to die.

I suppose she was to good for this world. For this cruel world...

As for the truck driver... When I saw him I was like a body without a soul. So I just stared at him as he cried.

He kept saying how he was sorry. He just kept saying sorry but I just stared at him.

I don't resent him I resent the person who overworked him which caused the accident.

I don't know what happened to him aftee though. I prefer not to ask...

"Liz? " Robbie suddenly said. "Yeah? " I asked and I noticed that my voice was shaking.

I laughed and wiped my tears. "Sorry, I'm fine I was just thinking. "

He nodded with a soft smile. "Well I have something for you. " he said and took out a necklace. He held it up and I saw that a key was on the chain.

"It's the key for her room. So you can go in there whenever your ready. I have an extra so I can go in and clean in once in a while. " he said and he handed it to me.

I looked down at me hand and then back at him with a smile. "I will... I'll go in there when I'm ready. "

Haha hi, hope it was good. I think its decent.

Also late but merry Christmas!

Also funny thing, I actually accidentally wrote half of this in my other story. I like came to continue it but the draft wasn't in this book. So I checked the other one and it was there 😂.