Chapter Fourteen: Violets Are Blue And I Love You

Warning: Derogatory language against Steve and Eddie- Plus this chapter is super explicit 

"I'm freaking the fuck out here, Robin," Eddie spoke on the phone as he paced the tiny hallway of his trailer. "I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do on these things."

"Didn't you and Steve already go on a date?" the girl laughed through the line.

"Sort of. I mean- no. We were going to go on a date, but then we ended up going to Gareth's place for dinner and spent the night there. So, we weren't alone."

"You're alone with Steve all the time. What's the big deal about tonight?"

"Because this is an official date, Buckley. This is the first time I've been on an official date. What if I screw everything up and make him disinterested in me?"

"Steve's not going to become disinterested in you, Munson. Be for real." Robin snickered.

"It could happen, Rob. He could find me repulsing by the time the date is over."

"Eddie- get what I'm about to say through your thick skull." the girl huffed. "Steve will not leave you if your date doesn't go as planned. I promise he likes you enough to stick it through until you eventually do something so bad that he breaks up with you."

"What makes you think I'm going to be the one that screws this relationship up?" Eddie asked with a hint of hurt in his voice.

"I don't know, but I feel like it will be you." Robin joked light-heartedly.

Eddie sighed as he started to twist the phone cord in his fingers. "Robin, I'm petrified about tonight."

Robin spoke softly and less sarcastically, "Eddie, honey, everything will be okay. I promise."

"Okay, I'll just take your word for it."

"Good. Now- hang up and go pick up your date."

"Okay. I'll call you tomorrow with the details."

"You better," Robin said, and then she hung up.

Eddie sighed as he put his home phone back on the wall. He then gathered his keys and wallet from his room and made his way out of the door to his van so he could pick up Steve.

When Eddie was finally on the road, he turned on his music to calm himself down from his worries. He knew Robin was right. He knew there was absolutely nothing to worry about. He was being dumb. Steve made it very clear how much he liked Eddie. Eddie just needed to remember that.

When the metalhead finally pulled up to Steve's house next to a car he didn't recognize, he got out of his van and knocked on Steve's door. When Steve answered the door in beat up jeans, a hoodie, and a teary face, Eddie thought he might have gotten the day wrong for their date tonight.

"Hey, Eddie? What are you doing here?" Steve sniffled as he looked Eddie up and down.

"Uhm- I thought we had a date tonight?"

"Oh, fuck." Steve sniffled as he looked back into his house and then back to Eddie. "I- uhm- I can't go out tonight."

"Steve?" Eddie spoke softly. "Are you okay? What's happening right now? Why are you crying?"

"My- my parents-" the boy tried to speak, but it was interrupted by a booming voice calling Steve's name.

"Steven, will you hurry up at the damn door! Our conversation is not over with!" a man, who was most likely Steve's dad, yelled.

"Steve, what's going on?"

"They know." was all Steve said before he closed the door softly in Eddie's face.