Chapter Four: Its Not Just The Hills; Everyone Has Eyes

"Robin, I'm not sure if you understand me," Eddie stated as he swept the front of the store. There were only thirty more minutes until he was able to clock out.

"What am I not understanding?" The girl asked, head lolled to the side as she popped her gum.

"Vickie is into you. She's totally into you." This topic always came up when Robin and Eddie were together, whether they were working, driving around Hawkins, or just having a good old-fashioned sleepover.

"No, she's not. Just because she broke up with her college boyfriend doesn't mean she's suddenly into me- a girl." Robin sighed as she leaned her head into her hand. Her magazine on the check-out counter was closed so she could focus on the conversation.

Eddie stopped sweeping for a moment to look up at his pouting friend. "You, of all people, should know that Vickie could be bisexual. Why cancel yourself out without actually knowing?"

"You should take your own advice."

Eddie's heart slammed to the bottom of his stomach. He hated talking about his own romantic feelings with others. He was stupid enough to do so with Robin, who he had only told while he was drunk in the back of his van with her the night after Vecna died. He needed a pick-me-up.

"I don't want to talk about that." Eddie shook his head, resuming his chore.

"Eddie, don't be hypocritical." Robin tutted as she slid off the stool she was sitting on so she could walk over to the romance aisle. She had just noticed the new arrival box that she had forgotten about. As she started to unload the box, she added, "Who knows, maybe he's bisexual too."

"He's not bisexual." the metalhead sighed, knowing not to say Steve Harrington's name out loud. It would be just his luck that Steve would be in the shop and overhear him.

Eddie has come to realize that the whole "Steve liking Gareth" thing was nothing but Eddie trying to pull a sexuality out of Steve that wasn't true. The jock was only blushing out of embarrassment for being accused of being gay... not that he actually liked a boy.

"Then Vickie's not bisexual either."

"Robin, I can tell." Eddie groaned as he flung his head back.

"How?"

"Because she stares at your lips when you talk to her, and she laughs at your jokes that aren't funny-"

"-Hey! All of my jokes are funny." the girl interjected.

"Sure they are, babe." Eddie deadpanned. "Anyways, as I was saying... she also gets all red-faced when you bring up the topic of crushes and relationships. She's bi."

"What if I said Mr. Pretty Boy reacts the same way towards you?" Robin pointed as she peered around a shelf to look at the sweeping metalhead.

"Then I'd say you're a liar."

"I'm not lying."

"He doesn't react that way towards me." Eddie sighed as he walked the dustpan to the trash can at the back of the store to empty out all of the leaves, dirt, and trash from the front. "If anything, he's always annoyed around me."

"No, he's not," Robin argued as she stacked movies onto the shelves, trying hard not to be bitter at the sight of the happy couples on the covers of the tapes.

"Oh, please." Eddie laughed. "He's constantly rolling his eyes around me, huffing and puffing at my jokes, and he's got no interest in anything I find fun. Usually, when you like someone, you'll try and talk to them about what they like. He doesn't do that- Vickie does."

"No, she doesn't."

"Robin Buckley- I- you're impossible."

"How?"