Chapter 21

Since the school had planned to take students on an overnight trip to the mountains before the start of final exams, all the kids were incredibly excited, including the newly formed couple, Jaemin and Sohyun.

The place where the students would stay during the trip was a mountain lodge nestled among breathtaking peaks. The sun would shine through the long pine trees that covered the area. A lake is also located near the mountain lodge, its clear blue water reflecting the towering peaks surrounding it. Geese gracefully glide across the surface, while fluffy white clouds float overhead, casting a soft, ethereal glow across the landscape. The peacefulness of the lake creates a serene atmosphere, providing a serene and tranquil escape from the stresses of daily life.

The lodge would offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains, providing a peaceful and serene environment for them to unwind and recharge.

It's also well-equipped with modern amenities and comfortable accommodations. The students will stay in designated rooms, each equipped with comfortable beds, clean linens, and private bathrooms. The lodge also provides common areas where students can relax, socialize, and engage in various activities such as board games, Jenga, chess, etc.

~

Jaemin, Sohyun, and Yohan were assigned to stay in the same room, which made the atmosphere awkward for them. They walked inside and put their bags in the room. Sohyun placed his palms over his hips, looking around. "Ehm... I'm going to take the middle bed..."

Sohyun was annoyed by their teacher, who put them in this frustrating situation. I wanted to have some privacy with Jaemin while we're staying here, but...

As Sohyun sighed, Jaemin put his hand on his right shoulder and whispered into his ear, "Let's take it easy. He's also walking on eggshells around us."

Sohyun glanced at Yohan while he sat quietly on the edge of the bed next to the window. By looking out the window, he wanted to have an excuse to avoid the sight of Sohyun and Jaemin for the time being that they were staying there.

Sohyun then approached Yohan, feeling guilty. Rubbing the back of his neck, he said shyly, "Um... Let's make peace. I don't want our last school trip to be a bad memory."

Yohan furrowed his eyebrows at first, but he then relaxed his face. "Alright. It's not like we have any other choice."

Then Sohyun joked, "And don't try to steal my boyfriend anymore..."

Yohan scoffed, "I'm not interested in the taken ones, though."

Jaemin watched them in awe while they were trying to get along with each other. He then smiled and asked Sohyun, "Do you want to take a walk around the lake?"

Sohyun turned his attention to Jaemin and nodded excitedly, "OK! Letz go!" Then he asked Yohan cautiously, "Do you want to join us?"

Yohan shook his head, "Nope. I'm gonna take a nap."

"Okay. See you later!" Sohyun answered and then linked his arm with Jaemin's, walking outside.

Yohan let out a sigh and lay down on the bed, spreading his arms out. "I can't believe how shitty my luck is..."

~

Jaemin and Sohyun walked towards the lake happily. Sohyun leaned his head on Jaemin's arm and asked ecstatically, "Isn't this view so romantic?"

Jaemin grinned, "Mhm. It looks great..."

He then glanced at Sohyun's red cheeks and nose. "Aren't you cold?"

"It's bearable..." Sohyun said as he crouched down in front of a goose. "Cuteeee..."

The goose honked loudly while flapping his wings, making Sohyun stumble backward and fall on his butt, surprised. "Ack! She scared the shit out of me!"