"Okay," I responded timidly, keeping my head down.

Harry opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by Elijah entering the kitchen.

"Where is our food, slave?" he sneered, glaring at me. I gulped and quickly returned to cooking dinner.

"Why are you here?" he hissed at Harry.

From the corner of my eye I saw Harry raising his hands in surrender. "I was just telling her that there will be a pack meeting tomorrow. Alpha said everyone had to be there."

"I could have told her that too," he spat. "You dind't have to go out of your way for the Omega."

The way he said that, like I was nothing but a bother, made my heart squeeze painfully.

"Stop talking that way about her," Harry hissed back. "She's still a pack member."

I couldn't believe he was sticking up for me. No one had ever done that before. Sure, Harry had never really done anything to me. I guess you could say he was one of the nicer teenagers. But he never tried to stop the abuse.

"I am your Alpha! You will not talk to me that way!"

I nearly snorted. Surprising myself. He sure used that line a lot.

"I am sorry Alpha," Harry drawled.

Oh boy, did he have a death wish or something?

Elijah glared at him hatefully and threw me a warning look before exciting the kitchen, a scowl evident on his face.

"You know," Harry chimed as he leaned against the counter. "It's okay to talk to me. I won't bite your head off."

"No you won't, he will," I retorted before I could stop myself.

Harry just laughed. "He's all bark and no bite."

"No," I sighed. "He won't bite."

Although Harry probably didn't understand why I said that, he still chuckled.

"Do you need help with anything?" he offered. Looking at the vegetables that still needed to be chopped.

I froze, looking up at him surprised, before narrowing my eyes. "What do you want?"

He just smiled.

"I was just offering help, it looks like you need it." Pointing at the vegetables as he said so.

I hesitated. Not knowing if he was kidding or not. What if I said yes and he would start laughing and making fun at me for thinking that someone would ever help the Omega.

"I really am offering help," he assured me, his voice now soft.

Finally I smiled at him. Something I hadn't done in a while. "Sure, you could help me with chopping the vegetables."

He nodded, rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt before washing his hands.

"Hey Harry?" I questioned. Not sure if I was allowed to.

"Yeah?"

"How old are you? I mean no offense but why are you wearing a suit?"

Harry turned around, a big kitchen knife in his hand and a smile on his face. I instantly took a step back. I knew it. This was one of the pack members sick plans probably. Cutting me with a kitchen knife. How original.

"Oh God," stammered Harry once he saw my scared face and directly set the knife down on the kitchen counter. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I let out my breath in relief and smiled sadly. "Sorry, it's just..." I trailed off.

He just shook his head. "No need to apologize. And to answer your question I am 25 and I'm wearing a suit because I just came from a meeting."

My jaw dropped. "You're 25? Really?"

He rolled his eyes. "Way to make a man feel old."

I briskly shook my head. "No no, it's just that you look younger that that."

"Well, thank you," he smirked and winked.

I laughed, again something I hadn't done in a long time.

When I told him I knew what everyone was allergic to and liked or disliked to eat, he didn't believe me.

"No way," he said, shaking his head.

"Yes way."

"Okay, then. What am I allergic to?" he questioned.

"Nothing, but you dislike seafood and love everything with potatoes."

"There are over 800 members in this pack!" he exclaimed.

I nodded. "824 to be exact."

He patted my back. "You're amazing you know that?"

I smiled at him, not really believing him. Before I knew it dinner was ready.

"I better get going," said Harry and washes his hands again.

I gave him a nod. "Yeah, thank you for helping me."

"No problemo," he responded before disappearing into the dinning room.

I served everyone dinner and much to my amazement only four people threw insults my way.

Singing softly as I did the dishes I wondered why is suddenly was in such a good mood. I had woken up heartbroken when yet again when Elijah was nowhere to be seen. I got slapped three times this morning for accidentally placing the wrong plate in front of a pack member. It was thanks to Harry I guess. But would he still be nice to me tomorrow?

After I cleaned the kitchen I quickly ate my dinner. I hadn't eaten much yesterday and now I was starving. The pack would go for a run later. I wasn't allowed to go with them. I had to ask permission for taking a run. But the Alpha hadn't granted that me in years. God, I couldn't even remember the last time I was outside. My wolf needed a run though. Normally she would talk to me, but she had gone quiet over the years.

When I heard the kitchen door slam I jumped up, startled. My mate was standing there. An angry sneer clearly visible on his face.

"What the hell where you doing with him, you whore?" he snarled.