◉Chapter 22◉

Guys, I'm incredibly sorry for not updating in almost a month. Please forgive me. I hope all of you had a great new year and christmas, may all of your wishes come true and all... ^-^ // A few curse words in this chap//

"MY MATE! MINE!"

I froze when I heard his furious voice behind me. Elijah had been angry at me a lot. And now, from the look on James his face, I was glad his anger wasn't directed towards me. Not yet at least. Knowing I had to calm him down fast, I struggled to turn around in his arms. Elijah just tightened them in responds.

"Let me go, Elijah," I muttered, still trying to turn around so I could look at him. 

"No!" he growled, breathing hard. I knew he was trying to keep his wolf at bay. "He dared to fucking ask you out! He was flirting with you! I'm going to kill him!"

I struggled even more. "Elijah calm down!" When I was finally able to turn around, I flinched at the rage on his face. Trying my best to calm my angry mate down, I placed my hands on his chest.

"Calm down," I ordered trying to make him look at me. "Nothing happened. Calm down."

Elijah ignored me. He was still glaring at James, looking seconds away from snapping his neck. 

I cursed myself for my own stupidity. I shouldn't have kissed James on his cheek. Hell, I should just have told him no when he sat next to me. James was going to get killed and it was my fault. 

I turned around quickly to look at James. "Run!" I yelled before I turned around again and jumped on Elijah. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. As a reflex his hands gripped my ass, making my cheeks flame as I pressed my forehead against his. 

His angry eyes locked on mine. I hadn't heard James run away. So I hopped he had at least moved a few steps back. 

"Elijah, calm down," I whispered, looking into his eyes. He didn't react, he just kept breathing heavily. His eyes flickered from brown to black a few times. I tightened my arms around his neck. "Elijah, hey. It's alright."

He resembled more to wild animal than a human now. "Go, James," I heard Lorcan say. 

Elijah his head snapped to the side, as if now remembering the reason why he got pissed. I quickly grabbed his head and forced him to look at me.  

"Elijah don't. Just calm down. Look at me," I begged. Slowly he brought his eyes back to mine. I nearly sighed in relief when he did that. They were brown. Meaning his wolf wasn't trying to get out anymore.

His face softened before a glare took over again. He leaned closer, still glaring into my eyes. 

"You are so getting punished for this little stunt you guys pulled," he said lowly, making me shiver. 

My eyes widened. Punished? Was I going to get beaten? He promised he wouldn't hurt me anymore though.

Before I was able to question him, he pushed my face in the crook of his neck and started walking to his car. I tried wiggling out of his arms, but he wouldn't let me. 

"Stop moving," he ordered and tightened his arms around me.

"Let me go," I said trying to lift my head. 

He pushed it down. "I can't. If I let go of you now, my wolf will take over and he will go hunt that little piece of shit down."

I immediately stopped trying to get out of his grip. I didn't want him to kill James. James did nothing to deserve this. This mess was all my fault. I was trying to get back at Elijah. It was childish, I knew that. But still-- He had hurt me so many times. Was it not only fair to hurt him back? 

"Parker," Elijah said as he opened the car door and dropped me in the passenger seat. He leaned over me and clicked in my seatbelt before he looked into my eyes. "Stay still. I'm going to get in the car now and I'm going to grab your hand. You are not going to pull away. Understood?"

I swallowed and nodded as I stared into his angry eyes. He nodded and closed the door. In record tempo he got into the car and grabbed my hand. I didn't pull away.

Not even three seconds later Lorcan and Thorn got into the car. Lorcan had a pissed off look on his face and Thorn looked just as mad as my mate. 

The drive was spent in a tense silence. Not once did Elijah let go off my hand.  The whole ride, he glanced so many times in the side mirror. Gripping the wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white. I just hoped he wasn't considering driving back to kill James. He started squeezing my hand harder the further we drove away from the movie theater. So my the time when had arrived at the pack house, he was squeezing my hand to tightly. I thought it was going break. 

He parked the car and turned towards me, ignoring Lorcan who just stormed out of the car as soon as it stopped. Thorn went after him not a second later. 

I hope that ends well. 

"Don't get out," he ordered again. 

I stayed put, not wanted to anger him any further. I just unclasped my seatbelt and turned towards the door. 

It opened a moment later and Elijah grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the car. Then he slammed the car door closed before looking at me. "Let's go. Again, don't let go of my hand."

I nodded again and followed him as he made his way into the packhouse, taking the side entrance the leaded directly towards the Alpha quarters. 

My eyes fell on our locked hands and I swallowed. They just looked perfect for each other. Because we were made for each other. Wo why couldn't we just be mates from the start? Why did I have to go through all of this? 

Elijah didn't let go of my hand until we were in his bedroom, where he pushed me down unto the bed. I gasped and looked at him with shocked eyes. 

His pissed brown eyes looked into mine as he began speaking. "I'm so fucking angry at you right now Parker. So fucking angry! You just sat there and let him flirt with you! You let another male flirt with you and though you, Parker! You even fucking kissed him! How could you Parker? You are my mate!"

How dare he say that? He freaking slept with other girls. More then once! He was my mate then too. And he still slept with them, he still touched them. Still kissed them. So who was he to say something like that? I just kissed James on his cheek. It's not like I cheated. He did though, multiple times!

"What?" I screamed, offended. "How could I? I just kissed his cheek! I barely touched him!"

A growl rumbled from Elijah his throat. "You kissed another male!"

"YOU SLEPT WITH OTHER FEMALES! YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE! YOU ARE MY MATE TOO!" I shouted enraged.