Chapter 3

Ritu woke up with the warm sunlight falling on her face. She groaned. She still can't believe that her friend is having a hard time.

She get up and freshened up so that she can go to hospital.

After freshening up, she started picking clothes. She was ready. She was really nervous about what to do.

She picked her phone when it started ringing.

"Hello..Ritu ", she heard Cathy from other side of the phone call.

"Hey..Cathy", Ritu said with a cheerful voice as she noticed that her friend is not really okay.

"Ritu...I think I was not in right state of mind yesterday. I shouldn't have asked you", she heard the broke voice of Cathy. Her heart clenched when her friend is still trying to protecting her even when she is in so pain.

"Cathy..I don't say that..I can do anything for you..I will definitely gather proof against him. Don't worry", Ritu faked her confidence.

"I'm sorry for being selfish", Cathy sobbed.

"Don't cry...Be strong for your baby.. He needs you..I will handle everything", Ritu said.

Ritu said comforting words which made Cathy feel better. Ritu assured Cathy that she will definitely bring justice to her and her baby.

"Okay..I will leave to hospital now", Ritu said.

"Okay", Cathy said.

Ritu hung up the phone  while sighing. Although she assured that she will bring justice to her friend but she exactly don't know what to do.

She don't  want to complicate this matter but how can he kill his own brother? How is it possible?

She went to the hospital after eating her breakfast in the canteen  of her hostel which tasted awful.

After entering the hospital, she went to her locked and took her white coat which has her name embroidered with a hospital logo. She sighed caressed her name on the coat. She always be thankful to Cathy as she always helped her in everything. Cathy helped her to find jobs so that she can pay her tuition fees. She successfully completed her specialization in GS and was scouted by a big reputed hospital.

Although Cathy offered her to pay her tuition fees, Ritu always denied. She don't want to burden her. She want to achieve her dream by herself.

"Ma'am..", a nurse called her. Ritu came out of her daze.

"Yes..", Ritu said.

"There is a patient in ER ward. You need to come ", the nurse said in a hurry.

"Okay", I said while running to the ER.

I reached the ER in no time. I saw the patient is in unconscious state.

"What happened to him?", I asked  while checking his pulse.

"He fell down from a ladder", a doctor from ER said.

"Okay..What about his saturation  levels?", I asked while checking his abdomen.

"There are not looking good fine", doctor said.

"Okay...Intubate him. Then take a CT scan for him", I said while taking off my globes.

I also gave the instructions to give him the injection for the surgery.

"We need to operate him ASAP. Call Dr.Nihal so that he can make the operation theatre ready", I said.

"Dr.Payal..You will be my first assistant for this surgery", I said looking at the junior of my department.

"Okay doctor", She said.