Chapter 27 - No Date, No Dance

Start from the beginning

"What decision?" he blankly asked her back while grabbing the food off my plate and starting to bite into it.

"Dude, come on, the decision! Obviously about who are you taking to the dance?" Blaise said. Draco raised both his shoulders as he wasn't sure who he wanted to take.

"I don't know man. I'll let some more of those other girls ask me out, and then maybe I'll decide who I should take to the dance." He said as he straightened his tie, and Pansy scoffed at his last words.

"What about you, who are you bringing?" he asked Blaise.

"I already asked Eleanor, and she said yes. So, I don't have to worry. Y/n, who do you have in mind? To bring as your date." I wish I could tell them who I really want to invite, but obviously, Hogwarts isn't going to let her, plus I don't think the person I am inviting wants to be with me. I sat there in silence, playing with my food, acting like I didn't hear him. When he asked me the same question again, I just raised my shoulders.

"Don't worry y/n, someone will ask you out soon. If no one asks you, then I guess you're not as famous or as beautiful as I am." My jaw dropped as Pansy proudly claims that. I scoffed with my mouth open almost laughing while I turn to Blaise and I could see he was covering his mouth with his fist as he also can't believe that she just said that.

"Wow! I- Did that just happen to me? what the fuck?" he shook his head in disbelief while chuckling.

"Oof that's harsh, I mean, she did say it and it did happen though," he teased, even more, I hit him on his arm as we all just laugh and talked more about the dance.

Obviously, most of the girls are talking about going on shopping for their dresses, but I wasn't as excited as they are. Because who am I kidding, I don't even have a date yet so why should I be worried about what I'm going to wear on that night. So, the buzz here is that the girls are all crazy about what style of dress, or make-up to apply, but I could only listen to their chattering while contemplating if I am going to the dance or not. We spent our day like usual, going to classes and having dinner. We were just hanging around in the Slytherin common room near the fireplace area, where we just talked about things that happened that day like how Crabbe and Goyle had pranked Neville. I mean, I feel bad for Neville, of course. But I guess the Slytherin in me did enjoy the prank a little. I realize that I was the only girl hanging there with them because apparently, the others are planning or more like practising which make-up look is best to wear. Even though we were talking and chatting, my mind was thinking about Bella – I just couldn't stop it. Amid my daydreaming, I heard that the boys were teasing me about how I haven't found a date yet.

"Ha! Do you know what's funny? How y/n hasn't found a date to bring yet? Which makes y/n a loner, a sad loner," Crabbe was mocking me. Draco then smacked his head from behind.

"Oh yeah? Who's your date? No, wait. You don't have one either. Stupid ass" I bite back to mock him. Letting him taste his own medicine. Then Goyle had this 'crazy ass idea'

"Crabbe, dude. You don't have a date, and y/n doesn't have one too. Why don't you two go out together? Problem solved." He clapped his hands as he said it with a proud look on his face, probably thinking that it was a great idea when in reality, it was not. I looked over to Crabbe and could see he was feeling anticipated, but I would clearly turn the offer down.

"Sorry, no. You are not my type." I raised my hand motioning no while shaking my head with disagreement. The common room was silent for a moment then Blaise took out his cards and started a game of blackjack with the rest.

"Hey, y/n, don't worry. I bet there are plenty of others wanting to ask you out. Any guy or girl would die to ask you out. I'm sure of it." he said to cheer me up.