8

A/N if you didn't see my updates on my profile, I went MIA because of finals! had a lot of a stress and needed to focus and study but finals are officially over and I passed them all so back to writing we go :)

thank you for all your patience

hopefully this chap isn't too much of a bummer :(

Leo Daney
English 3:
Creative writing

Prompt: write to yourself, future,
past, or present

A letter to myself

In a world like this one, I expected there to be a lot more happening.

I was pleasantly surprised that I was wrong.

After our return to the others in New York, things started off rocky. It was a little weird, a new place like this with nothing to our names.

We mostly figured out living situations, hung out, delivered materials, and hung out some more. We weren't quite sure what to do.

A month went by.

Elias got a job as a second in command leader, following Isaac as he joined the group of leaders for the city.

He helped run things around this place and I was very proud of how well he was doing.

Another half a month went by before Alex and Erin got jobs of their own. Both are training people.

Erin decided to train other shifters, younger or older, so they knew how to handle it. He helped them learn instinct and even broaden their shifting capabilities.

It was a little surprising when I visited him at work and he walked up as a giant tiger rather than a wolf.

Alex was also training people but instead of shifters he trained fighters. He was surprisingly good at fighting and helped others learn to become guards or scouts.

Scouts were the ones who left the city walls for resources and to help anyone in need who got trapped outside.

A week after Alex and Erin got jobs I decided I needed to step up my part.

Afterall, we were now officially living together and getting pretty serious about our relationship.

I dragged Mars and Oscar along to find a job, settling with a bakery run by an elderly lady down in the busiest part of the city.

Aki, Raven, Vivi, and Aria decided to follow us up on the job thing a couple days later and we were surprised when the sweet old lady (Carolina) decided we could all work there together.

It turned out to be really nice actually.

A lot of people came in and business became, well, busy. We had a bunch of people helping though so it was always manageable.

Of course we continued school, there was a special one designated to help us lab kids. I found myself learning a lot about the world and people.

Oscar and Raven became an official couple and of course Mars and Aki.

Aria found a nice partner named Aaron, and Vivi bought a cat.

Months went by in this new normal and it was amazing.

It felt strange thinking back to the days in the lab. Now everything was almost perfect. I am incredibly happy and I know the people around me are too.

Due to our young ages and lack of adulthood in our lives growing up besides abusive doctors, Isaac and Zaara kind of took over the parent job.

I think it started with Elias, back when he first came with his group.

Now, in this new place it grew to more people.

Isaac and Zaara both check in with me and my boys all the time. They taught us 'adulting' things as we became more mature.

Well, how I became more mature.

The boys had already gotten there.

Things in this city were much more contained and the people adapted to the strange situations society brought in.

Like hundreds of teenagers with special abilities that is.

I've been learning a lot.

I learned Math is one of my best subjects in school. I learned that I enjoy doing art and I learned I enjoy reading a lot.

I learned how to use a phone and I learned about cars. I learned about types of food and types of drinks and styles of clothing.

I learned how to write and I learned I loved to do it.

I learned more about sunsets and sunrises and learned I liked going out to watch them.

I learned how to tell time and I learned which position the little hand and big hand would be to know that my boys were coming home.

I learned about buying things and I bought a lot of stuffed animals.

I learned about music and I learned how to use it to relax and to have fun.

I learned a lot of things while being here.

The most important thing I learned however, is love.

I love cake and I love animals. I love my three boys and I love all my friends. I learned to love the things around me.

I learned to love the things that brought me here.

I love Atlanta and I love New York.

I even love Chicago, the place that holds some of my worst memories.

I love the sky and I love people. Even when people are being assholes.

I love being alive.

I love to love.

I love being happy.

I'm happy here.

-Leo :)

'A letter to myself'
Leo Daney
3 years after first arrival to NY

Fin.