Chapter 12

The next day...

No one's pov

Kol was making his way to his next class when he suddenly stopped as he spotted Davina walking down the hallway. She was looking down as people around her, pointed at her and whispered about her.

Elena came up behind him "people like her don't belong in our world, Kol" she stated making him look at her and just walk away. Elena stared after Davina as she walked by, narrowing her eyes at her before following after Kol.

Davina neared her locker when she was shoved by one of her stepsisters who walked off laughing "loser" Genevieve sneered laughing along with her sister. Davina shook her head as she gathered her books up and stood up before continuing her way down the hall.

----

Later that day...

Davina was at the diner working a shift as usual. She was on her knees, scrubbing the floor when Cami walked up and looked at her "Davina, what are you doing?" she asked with a hand on her hip "I'm trying to get these floors clean" Davina replied without looking at her.

"Come on, babes, get up" Cami urged as she helped Davina up off the floor "what I meant is, what are you doing with your life?" she asked making Davina sigh "I'm diner girl, I'm doing what diner girls do, Cami" she stated as she started wiping tables.

Cami exchanged a look with Marcel and Sophie who were watching in concern "Davina, what's gotten into you? You don't even realize how blessed you are. Look you've got a whole family behind you" Cami said gesturing to Marcel, Sophie and Eleanor.

"We have faith in you and you've gotta have faith in yourself" Cami stated sincerely when suddenly Mary-Alice and Genevieve walked in, slamming the door making the little guitar that was hung on the hall to fall over, peeling off the wall paper along with it, revealing a message on the wall.

"Mother!" Mary-Alice called as Fiona walked in "Davina just ruined your wall" she stated with a smirk "what?" Fiona replied before glancing up at the wall and seeing it was ruined but it wasn't Davina's fault. "Yes, you did. Well that's gonna come out of your pay check and cover up those stupid words" Fiona ranted but Davina didn't listened as she read out the message, the praise her father used to tell her.

"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game" Davina whispered before a small smile appeared on her face. Fiona took some cash out of the register by the door and stuffed it into her bra.

"All right. I'm going off to get some more liposuction" Fiona stated as she walked back towards her daughters "come on, girls. Davina, I need you to clean the pool tonight" she said as she went to turn to the door.

"No" Davina replied making everything fall silent in the diner as her stepmother and stepsisters froze at her words. Fiona turned around to face her "excuse me?" she questioned "you heard me. I quit" Davina stated suddenly throwing her cloth on the floor along with her apron.

"I quit this job. I quit your family and I'm moving out" she announced walking towards Fiona "oh and where do you think you're gonna live?" Fiona asked slightly taunting her "with me" Cami spoke up as she appeared behind Davina.

"You can't just walk out on me" Fiona stated to Davina "you know what, Fiona? You can mess with your hair, your nose and your face and you can even mess with my dad's diner but you're through messing with me" Davina stated seriously before walking past her, towards the door.

"Wait up, Davina" Cami called after her "you take one more step and you're fired" Fiona warned pointing at Cami "oh no that won't be necessary because I quit too. And you know what? The only reason I put up with you all these years is because of that girl" Cami stated passionately as she pointed to Davina who smiled.

"Now that she's free of you, nothing is stopping me from kicking your butt" Cami threatened going to take her earrings off in order to fight her. Fiona instantly started shrieking "come on, no. Not my face, it's much newer than the girls. Go for the girls!" Fiona exclaimed shoving her daughters in front of her. 

"Mom!" they shouted in shock that she actually shoved them in front of her "Cami" Davina called making Cami stop and turn to her "she's not worth it" she stated making Cami sigh and nod before walking over to her.

Marcel and Sophie walk out from the kitchen, taking their aprons off and dumping them at Fiona's feet "we quit too" Sophie said as they walked over to Davina and Cami. Eleanor followed after, dumping her roller skates at her skates before walking over to the others.

Fiona and her daughters watched as the customers started getting up and following "I'll send you the bill" a man said to Fiona before walking off with a plate of food and everyone walked out, leaving Fiona and her daughters shell-shocked.

"Girls clean up this mess. I am so annoyed right now" Fiona ordered of her daughters who frowned as she stormed off.

End of chapter

What did you think? Any good? Davina finally stood up to Fiona and quit. Fiona has no employee's now. What will happen next? 

Vote and comment