Intro

10 years ago...

No one's pov

"Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, lived a beautiful little girl and her widowed father" an unknown and unseen soft feminine voice spoke as a young girl with brown hair, blue eyes and lightly tanned skin was sat up on her bed with her father beside her.

"It's beautiful" the girl said as she held a snow globe in her hand with a smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes. 

"Okay, it wasn't that long ago, and it really wasn't a faraway kingdom" the feminine voice spoke with a slight pause before continuing "it was the San Fernando Valley. It looked faraway because you could barely see it through the smog" she explained "but to me, growing up the Valley was my Kingdom" she continued and you could practically hear the smile in her face.

"I was my dad's best friend and he was mine. Now being raised by a man put me behind in the makeup and fashion department but I never felt like I missed out on anything" the voice spoke as the girl was pictured in a batting cage being chased by her father after she hit the ball.

The girl giggled as he caught her and tickled her before picking up her cap that fell off her head and putting it back on her head. She smiled and slightly scrunched up her nose before giggling as he picked her up and ran around the batting cage with her.

"I was the luckiest girl in the world. My dad owned the coolest diner" the voice spoke as a diner was shown with numerous people coming in and out of it. "I loved hanging out there, it was the best. Though diet was a four-letter word here and grease came at no additional charge" the voice spoke as inside the diner there were tables filled with people laughing and eating.

"At Hal's, everyone felt like family" the voice continued as people were surrounded around a booth where there was a group of kids surrounding the little brown-haired girl who wore a party hat on her head.

"Happy birthday" the people cheered smiling at the birthday girl "make a wish princess" a kind woman spoke as she smiled at the girl "what did I need to wish for?" the voice pondered "I had amazing friends and the coolest dad....but I guess my dad thought different and thought I needed one more thing....Fiona" the voice spoke just as the girl blew out the candle just as a woman tripped and fell only for Hal to grab her and stop her from hitting the floor.

The girl watched as her father helped the woman up and the smile the two threw at each other.

"Along with my new stepmother, came her fraternal twin daughters, Genevieve and Mary-Alice. My out of step-sisters" the voice spoke as two girls, a red head and a blonde girl were pushing and shoving at each other as they walked out of the church followed by Hal and Fiona.

"But as long as my dad was happy, so was I. We were going to be, one big happy family" the voice spoke as the new formed family were preparing for a picture "cheese" the photographer said and they all repeated the word and just before he went to take the photo, Fiona dropped her flowers and so the brown-haired girl bent down to grab them intending to give them back to her, only she missed the picture.

"One's enough" Fiona spoke making the photographer frown but he didn't pry, he was getting paid after all. 

"Unfortunately, this was no fairytale" the voice spoke suddenly in a solemn tone as the girl and her father were lying on her bed as he read to her "he took her hand and he kissed it" he stated "then he swooped her up onto his horse and the beautiful princess and the handsome prince rode off to his castle...where they lived happily ever after" he spoke before closing the book in his hand as he finished the story.

"Do fairytales come true dad?" the girl asked suddenly making her father look to her "well no but dreams come true" he replied making the girl slightly tilt her head "do you have a dream?" she asked "yes" he answered "my dream is that you'll grow up and go to college and then maybe you'll build your own castle" he replied "where do princesses go to college?" the girl asked and her father paused "they go where the princes go. They go to Princeton but Davina you know fairytales aren't just about finding handsome princes" he explained, and she kept looking at him, listening to what he was saying. 

"They're about fulfilling your dreams and about standing up for what you believe in. As I always say, never let the fear of striking out..." he spoke before being cut off by his daughter "keep you from playing the game" she finished making him smile "that's right" he replied "just remember, if you look carefully, this book contains important things that you may need to know later in life" he spoke as the girl laid her head on his shoulder before her eyes went to the snow globe where the fake snow was starting to float when suddenly the house started shaking making the two jump up.

"Earthquake" her father exclaimed holding his daughter close "my kingdom crumbled during the Northridge earthquake" the voice spoke with sadness in her voice. "Help! Help!" Fiona was heard yelling from downstairs and the father pulled away from the girl "don't go" the girl pleaded "I'll be right back" her father assured her before running out the room and the girl looked at her nightstand where the snow globe stood and watched as it fell to the floor and smashed to pieces as the earthquake came to a holt.

"I lost my best friend that day" the voice spoke as the girl stood alone in the batting cage with a single tear streaming down her cheek "from then on, the only fairytales in my life, were the ones I read about in the books" the voice explained as the girl looked down at the baseball mitt in her hand before bowing her head and walking away.

"Since my father didn't leave a will. My stepmother got everything, the house, the diner and to her dismay, me" the voice stated as the girl walked up a set of stairs with a box of things in her arms. She heard giggling making her look back to see her stepsisters peering up at her and snickering before running off.

She sighed as she made her way up the stairs into a room which was the attic. She set the box on the bed before sitting down and lying back on the bed as she gazed up at the ceiling with a sigh.

What did you think? Any good? Let me know xxx

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment