Just as Ryker lunged at him, hands curled into fists, Diego managed to pin him back against the wall, looking thoroughly irritated and exhausted, sweat beading his brow and slicking hair against his forehead.

Good. Taste of his own medicine.

"Ryker!" Diego snapped. "We can do this all day, or I can go help Jo."

That ripped a growl from him, but part of his mind was forced to register and acknowledge what Diego was saying. Diego had more power here, at least right now, and clearly wasn't going to let Ryker come with him. Diego could potentially help Jo. Right now, Ryker couldn't.

And that killed him.

"I'm already out here," Ryker panted, looking Diego in the eyes. He had to try, one more time. "Let me come in case I can help. I promise I won't get in the way."

Diego eyed him, lips pursed. "You've got to act rational."

Ryker nodded, not completely trusting himself to speak right now. But he knew he would, as long as he could see Jo and see that she was okay. Just being near her calmed him.

If she was hurt though...

That's why he couldn't trust himself to speak.

"Fine," Diego snapped, stepping back. His voice got louder as he finally released the telekinetic pressure on Ryker. "I don't have time to make sure you return to your cell, dog." Ryker growled, but Diego ignored him, his eyes flitting briefly to a camera in the corner then back at Ryker. Was this part of playing a part for his boss? Damn, but this place could mess with your head trying to keep up pretenses like this all the time.

Diego started moving. "You stay behind me while I deal with this situation, got it?" He looked back at Ryker. "And shift back, nudity isn't permitted in public areas."

Deciding it was better not to say anything right now before his inner Alpha insisted he attack this disrespectful human, Ryker gritted his teeth before forcing a shift. It was a good thing he wasn't actually Alpha yet, because even with Jo's safety involved, he wasn't sure he would have been able to take all this ordering around if he was.

As Diego moved into a jog, Ryker picked up the pace. He was massive enough that he didn't need to run, but he did start a steady trot of sorts. If he had been allowed to pass Diego and follow his nose to Jo, he would have, but he didn't want Diego to telekinetically slam him into the ceiling. Instead Ryker stayed right beside him and tried not to think of biting the guy's leg off. Jo first. Then dealing with Diego.

Doors reopened as Diego passed, so whoever was in charge must have cleared him and either didn't care that Ryker was tagging along or wanted to see what would happen.

They didn't have to go too far before they encountered a brawl in the middle of the hallway. Ryker stopped as Diego lifted his hand, and someone came flying toward him. It was a lithe blond woman who had scratches on her face and a wild smile. She hit the floor hard but sprung to her feet like a gymnast.

"You better get a handle on that new fireball of yours, Diego, she's insane," she said, brushing her stray messy hair back from her face. Ryker surged forward, catching her attention. "Oh my god, you brought the mutt? Are you crazy?"

Ryker recognized her scent and snarled at her as he passed, spotting Jo. He got the satisfaction of seeing her take a step back before he jumped into the fight, slamming into a brown-haired, olive-skinned guy who had an arm around Jo's waist. The guy let go of her, mostly because he had to.

"Hey!" the guy said. He was around his and Jo's age and he looked supremely irritated. "I was helping!"

There were a couple guys exchanging punches, and then there was a woman on the ground holding her face, her nose bleeding all over the place. However, Ryker was more concerned about Jo. She was staring at him like she couldn't believe he was there, but she also had a murderous expression on her face.