i. at the beginning

Start from the beginning

           Skin became slattered with crimson liquid never meant to pour free, dripping down her shoulder and collarbone until nearly half of her upper body was drenched. As if every fiber in her body became alight, Bianca felt her body spark with fire of a thousand suns, with each drag slicing through the feeble skin of her neck came a roaring dizziness that left her unsure of what hurt more----the ever increasing grip of the arm gripping her waist, bruises birthing to life under the harsh movement or the gaping hole forming from the base of her throat.

             As the world around her quickly became dotted with black spots and her knees shook with the uncontrollable urge to cave in, Bianca felt her body crumble to the harsh ground, tossed without much care. A whimper escaped her trembling lips, the only source of movement her body allowed that didn't create a significant wave of pain alongside the one flowing through her body. Her muscles were locked in place, preventing her from even crawling away from her assaulter.

            The world began to become lost to her, the feeling of consciousness slowly seemed like a far away dream as Bianca's eyes felt lazy and heavy, as if they weighed a ton. As the sound of footsteps registered in her ears, Bianca allowed her eyes to travel up the expanse of the man before her, trying to obtain as much details about him as she could no matter the strain her eyes felt.

            Dark, soulless eyes stared down at her, gaze unflinching almost in a manic manner as a sharp snarl pulled at his lips. The curl of his lips gave way to the sheen sliver of bloodstained teeth, once white now a muted rouge, a set of piercing fangs lined the top and bottom row. Caked under the skin just above his cheeks, a field of veins bubbled to the surface, festering like a series of leaches weaved together and drenched in black ink that pooled over the skin.

          Then nothing.

          BIANCA AMORETTEE SIGHS INTO the palms of her hands, thumbs caressing the apples of her cheeks as she slumped into the thifted chair resting near her desk

          BIANCA AMORETTEE SIGHS INTO the palms of her hands, thumbs caressing the apples of her cheeks as she slumped into the thifted chair resting near her desk. Her eyes still caked with a daze of lingering sleepiness, a wet haze clouding over them like a blanket. Sleep had become her too late into the night and unclenched its grip just as the sun painted half the sky in hues of fuchsia and tangerine. As Bianca set free a yawn into her fist, her mind attempted to track over the night's memory, a knock on her bedroom door drew her focus.

          "Bianca," a baritone voice called out from the other side of the bedroom door. "Everything all right? Caroline called, said you weren't picking up your phone. She's almost here."

           Bianca blinked in alert, eyes darting to the electric clock sitting on her bedside table, pixel red numbers blaring loudly. Shit, she thought as she stumbled to her feet, flailing to attempt her chair from clattering to the floor and arising more concern from her father in the process.

          "I'll be downstairs in a minute!" She called out, socked feet scraping against the wooden surface as she hurried across the room, it was miracle how she hadn't fallen and clocked her head on a nearby surface. By the time she had dressed herself in a somewhat socially acceptable attire, her ears caught on to the faint conversation of her father as he allowed someone into their home, and a certain blonde.