Malleus Draconia x Reader - Holiday gifts

Slight angst/fluff ✔️

~~~~~¥~~~~~

Some time has passed since you had gotten into Twisted Wonderland. Day after day and mess after mess, months had already gone by and winter holidays were now approaching.

Your friends were going to go back home while you had to remain in the almost empty school.

Last time, you had passed the break in the Scarabia dorm, where Jamil's overblot happened. It didn't start off well but in the end, you had still stayed there with the company of the dorm mates, Kalim and even Jamil himself.

An year had passed and this time, unfortunately for you but fortunately for them, it wasn't going to be the same as the last.

You still didn't really wish to spend time in Octavinelle either... as much as you want to believe in them, you're still a little skeptical on the mer-trio redeeming abilities.

Another thing also weighted on you: All of the previous third years weren't around all that much anymore. During their fourth year, the students shall leave school's premises and go try their hands into the world of magical jobs. They'll come back during events and/or some rare occasions.

It was quite hard to say the least... but you all had gotten over it one way or another. Of course, some sooner then others...

With time you had gotten used to it and even bonded with some of the new freshmen, same for your friends.

But for some reason, right now, you couldn't help but think about it.

You were in your dorm, sitting on the edge of the bed while staring in front of you, at nothing in particular.

After today's classes, your friends were going to go back home. But what about you? How will you and Grim pass these long holidays? Sure, there are the ghosts too. But right now, your mind was elsewhere.

You can't go home. Back to your family and friends. No matter if your family was the best in the world or not so much, even if you wanted, you couldn't go see them. You couldn't spend this festive time with anyone other than those who didn't have a family to go back to. As you were now one of them.

You were thinking about everyone whom you care about, from your world or this one. All of your new friends: Ace, Deuce, Jack... they all had a place to go back to. You didn't.

A thought brought another and that other would do the same as the one before. In the end, you started reflecting on everything that has happened ever since getting here, and rethought of all the people whom you bonded with during that period.

How will things go? Are you going to lose all of them? You already lost the now seniors in a way. Then will go the now juniors and after that... the first years, the current sophomores, yourself included, will be leaving as well.

You can't use magic. Doing school internship was out of question and even if they let you, what would you do after graduating? Will Crowley just wash his hands on this matter and leave you alone in this still-oh-so-unfamiliar world?

...

Wait... graduating? You sound as if you're going to reach graduation. As if you had already lost all hope of going back to your home world before that. But let's be honest, were you? It had already been an year.

It's all so... complicated. Yet, your mind keeps drifting to this. Maybe, what you really wish for is to simply-

"Oi, you good there? Ya have been staring at nothin' for a lil' too long. Yer hungry or somethin'?" Grim placed his paws on his hips and looked at you in a mix of concern and judgment on your weird behavior. How long had you been spacing out?