Ruggie Bucchi x Reader - Acts of service

It was a busy day in the cafeteria. Specifically, it was one of those monthly spescial days in which foods from professional chefs were served to the students. And like every time, it ended up as a race for who could get whatever first.

A bunch of stuff had already been sold out, and a certain hyena was trying to get one of the most popular requests for an incredibly lazy lion who didn't even bother coming there himself.

The poor Savanaclaw second year was trying to get through the ocean of people as quickly as he could, pushing around and paving his way.

On occasion, you could see him making some weird movements and some students, which were previously in front of him, would suddenly move out of the way, even tripping on air at times.

"I'd...ugh...like one- of those sandwiches... please..." Tired from all the pushing, (and also all the magic used) he panted while getting to the front line, ordering the food that Leona asked to be picked up for him.

The ghost working at the counter made an amused sound and passed the food to the hyena. "Eheheh. You must've really wanted that sandwich, huh? The chef should feel pretty proud."

After giving him the food and drink, Ruggie slipped away from the crowd and immediately started heading toward the cafeteria's exit, probably to the botanical garden, where the lion liked to take most of his naps.

You were in line waiting to get some food and didn't fail to see all of that unfold. You had also noticed that the sand-blonde boy had failed to retrieve any lunch for himself.

When it was finally your turn, you ordered something for yourself and then asked for an hamburger, an extra drink and a donut on a separated tray. After getting everything, you made your way to a table and sat beside the others. Where Grim was already lost in his tower of food.

"Woah, what's with all that food prefect?" Ace gave a bewildered look at the two trays you were now laying on the table, in front of you.

"That's way more of what you usually eat." Deuce commented and then proceeded to furrow his brows in worry. "Are you this hungry? You've been eating enough lately, right?" The boy asked.

"Don't worry. And this isn't all for me." You smiled at the blue-eyed first year and started eating your own lunch.

"Did ya bring something for the great Grim, hench-human?" Grim lunged forward to grab the donut but you pushed it away before he could.

"Nope, this isn't for you either." You said flatly, used to the monster's antics.

~~~~~€~~~~~

"Just wake me up before the next bell."

"I'm not your alarm clock, you know? You really need to- Did you fall asleep already?!" The hyena shouted in disbelief at the snoozing lion.

"Could've at least said 'thank you'. You-...ngh..." The poor boy sighed and started mumbling angrily under his breath, before walking back to the cafeteria.

"Ah...! In the rush of getting his lunch I didn't even get anything for myself!" His ears went down at the realization.

"Argh..." He groaned and looked around the now almost empty canteen. "There's essentially nothing left. Maybe I should just skip lunch for today... I'd be saving some money too..." His ears flattened as he murmured the last part.

Then his gaze happened to fall on a corner of the room. A little distance away from him.

"You sure you want to stay behind?" The two boys had already finished eating and were about to head back to their dorm. "I'd stay here but we're on duty today. We gotta feed the flamingos." Ace sighed and scratched his head in exasperation.