Chapter 10

The zombies were like the monsters that came straight out of one's nightmare. They are terrifying and the kind that makes your legs jelly and heart beats erratically to the point that all of the thoughts inside your head suddenly vanishes into thin air and your brain is unable to catch up to direct your limbs to survive.

When faced with an event where you never see yourself into, it is a given that one will freeze on their spot until it is too late. Suddenly, all of those logical things to do become forgotten and you do the opposite instead. But, there are those who can immediately respond and act at the same time– it was Su-hyeok and Hae-jin in this group. The former being plunged into an adrenaline pool while the latter seemingly insensitive with these monsters like she had been there before.

Su-hyeok was quick to process everything, thus he was the first one to run forward and use the wall to propel himself as he sent a kick to an incoming zombie's chest while the others were still in the screaming phase. If one got blown in the chest, their lungs will constrict and they would choke up with air but a zombie is already dead so their heart has stopped beating already.

It immediately stood up while Su-hyeok charged to the other incoming zombies behind it.

Suddenly, Hae-jin was filled with an unknown emotion– like an urge to do something that even herself knew she wouldn't do. To do something like Su-hyeok did.

Succumbing to that urge, she steps out of the group with a flying high kick, this time, the soles of her sneaker equipped with rollers hit the face of the zombie, sending it back to the ground with a thud. Hae-jin wasn't satisfied though, she kicked the zombie on the temple next before stomping right on its head, the blood splattering around which made the girls (Na-yeon) to shriek louder.

In the eyes of everyone, Hae-jin seems cold-hearted as she didn't have any reaction with the splattered blood at all. Her back facing them but her stance seems like those war veterans who faced death hundred of times in their service. Like someone who had lived years in an apocalypse.

As Su-hyeok throws a punch, Hae-jin mirrors his attack. The two seemingly on their own kind of dance with how every attack and deflect they did, it was mirroring each other. They even did that unconsciously.

The lad throws a zombie on the wall, Hae-jin pushes a zombie on the window, shattering the glass and the body plummeting to the ground. Soon, they were met with the zombies crawling on the ground, still persistent in clawing their way into their victims. It didn't help that the commotion attracted the zombies from the nearby floors, flocking them in the hallway.

One zombie down, another gets up. They are only kids with petite bodies and no experience with real killings, they are bound to get tired and lose their strength immediately.

The scene of the two fighting for their lives was like a slap on their face, snapping them back from being petrified as Cheong-san and Gyeong-su forcefully pulled out the sliding windows on their ledge, charging to hit the zombies that slipped away from Su-hyeok and Hae-jin.

Soon, Wu-jin and Joon-yeong followed, the former being inspired by his twin sister to throw his fear away and get his hands bloody. The four worked together to create what seems to be a shield, taking advantage of the clear windows to push the zombies away from them.

"Watch out for your hands!" Su-hyeok reminded them, indirectly saying that they could get infected if the monsters sunk their filthy teeth in their flesh as he supported the quartet in subduing the monsters.

Hae-jin tried to remember her dream, her head whipping to look through her shoulder as she met Dae-su's eyes. And just like in her dream, the bear averted his eyes to remove the door on its latch, yelling, "Hey! Get out of the way!"