Chapter 01

NOTE: This first chapter is full of time skips since I'm mainly telling the background of the story so if any of you got confused, tell me.

This chapter is set pre-episode 1 to pre-apocalypse.

***

High School...

It's either an institution or sometimes it refers to the grade level a student must undergo before they go to college. Either way, it is a period of time in one's life where the teenagers start to explore their preferences. A transition from being teenagers to young adults filled with new responsibilities.

High School is where most mistakes are being made and rules being broken because it is when teens begin to experiment with their choices. Nonetheless, high school is where most of the fun and memorable things happen.

Jang Hae-jin has her fair share of mistakes and rule breaking, being notorious for breaking more than half of the rules in the student's handbook but the school cannot let go due to her straight A records. Even her parents cannot scold her for being a troublemaker because of how shiny her grade card is. In short, she's a girl that doesn't even need to try hard. Something that her older twin brother by 13 minutes envies.

"Yah, Jang Hae-jin. Don't think that I didn't know what you did," her older twin brother had once approached her at school, standing in front of her and her group of friends which made them halt, "Once Mom and Dad finds out, they'll beat your arse."

Her group of friends burst into taunting laughter in the background, "Your brother is a snitch. No wonder he's a nobody." Chang hoon had mocked him.

This causes Jang Wu-jin to shuffle uncomfortably on his feet, not really liking how the sound of their laughter and mocks gets inside of his brain. Meanwhile, Chang Hoon suddenly doubles in pain after Hae-jin forcefully throws a jab on his stomach.

"Not when I have straight A grades and a shining gold medal after I win the ice skating competition." What was she said.

Wu-jin didn't understand how a student like her, who did nothing but go outside to terrorize other students with her little group of bullies could be a straight A student and a professional ice skater at the same time. Every time he sees his sister, she's just doing anything that could be considered as a waste of time. He had never even seen her study nor spend her whole time training which you would expect someone that was being eyed for to join the national team.

Even their parents wonder how could their child get high grades and compete at the same time when all they can see is her going out and getting in trouble with her friends they told her not to befriend. Alas, what could they do when all of their friends coos at them for raising such a gifted child.

Wu-jin, however, witnessed how his sister slowly descended into someone worse and trashy, being friends with the wrong sort as they bully everyone they think is beneath them. Hae-jin, thankfully, wasn't one of those students who physically or verbally assault students but nonetheless, she was still watching her friends do the deed.

"Oh? Is that your sister?" Dae-su once pointed out as they passed by an alleyway beside the school.

There she was, standing in the background with her back leaning on the wall, ignoring the taunting laugh and the straight up bullying happening in front of her.

It was always the notorious group of bullies led by Son Myeong-hwan, he and the guys in the group were extorting money from a student while the girls were laughing in the corner.

When the guy finally gives his wallet to Son, the leader tosses it towards Hae-jin.

"Guess we have money to go to PC Bang anyway." Son Myeong-hwan had laughed before pushing the poor student on the ground and walking away, his posse following him.