XXI

Singing hearts
Way seri mete'lanti
•—————•—————•—————•—————•

She was huge. Blue and purple. She was lively and beautiful. Fierce though.

She trilled out a cry of warning before she snapped. Hia'ino rolled out of the way and managed to tie the Ikrans mouth shut. Hia jumped onto her back, catching her tswin and grabbing her queue, quickly locking the two together with her legs to the ikran's neck.

However, the ikran bucked and launched itself into the air.

"Hia!" Tsu'tey cried out to Hia as she was lost to the clouds below.

But Hia wasn't content to lose. Her muscles strained and gripped the ikran, making the bond in a moment of desperation. A breath of relief came from both as they clicked.

Let's go meet that Tsu'tey.

Hia's ikran, Srriri, spoke between them.

•—————•—————•—————•—————•

Tsu'tey felt a wash of calm fill him as he met Hia's eyes again. It came with the flap of wings from her landing Ikran.

"This is Srriri. I'm gonna call her Iri." Hia patted her new bondeds neck. Srriri cooed and trilled happily.

"Very bold. She is I mean. Especially for someone who is not so spontaneous." Tsu'tey chuckled nervously. Srriri was as almost as large as his Ikran, Kau.

"Come, I will lead us all home." Tsu'tey smiled before calling to Kau.

•—————•—————•—————•—————•

The rush of wind and the beauty of Pandora from above was a religious experience. Hia knew she wasn't made for air, but she reveled in it. It felt right when she dove, but Srriri was a soaring type. They ducked and dove around the mountains until it was a clear sky.

Hia spread her arms and her heart soared. She made bird calls, crying with joy in each trill as she soared by her fellow Omatikaya.

I have waited all my life for you!

Srriri chirped excitedly, happily, satisfied.

And I, you. You make me feel free.

Hia communicated back.

This is freedom. Naranawm above their heads, eclipsing the sun as it does once a month. The night was truly bright, illuminated by the ground below and the stars above. Srriri's markings glowed brightly, punctuating her joyful demeanor. So bright and bubbly, unlike her traumatized rider.

Ikranti maktoyu. She could hardly believe she was flying. It felt as easy as walking, running, even easier than swimming which came to her so naturally. She could hardly hear, the calls of birds really were most efficient for communication up in the air. The chill turned numb as they soared in the night. These eclipse nights were truly the coldest nights the Omatikaya experience. They don't get snow or storms so inland. Only rain and sun.

It made her wonder about the snow of Pandora, the north and south. They were cut short by the landing.

They had returned.