VI

Can't be weak
Ke tsun lu meyp
•—————•—————•—————•—————•

I was trying to listen in on what they were saying, when my attention was taken by-

"Hey cute thing, what're you doing in a place like this?" It was a man, about my age, trying to shoot his shot. Better shut this down.

"My job." I hissed through my teeth. He was clearly intoxicated. Reminds me of one of my boys. The one from the German speaking country. He would drink a lot and often. He'd flirt but always knew his place. However, this is not the case.

"Well, how about we take a break and rendezvous to a comfy bed for some 'workplace bonding'?" He asked, leaning over me further. His brown, muddy eyes roamed over me hungrily, in a disgusting unwanted way.

"Disrespectfully, I'd rather die." I stepped back from him, he only got more persistent.

"C'mon, we'll take twenty minutes tops." He moved closer until I was against a wall. Something sickly snapped in me.

•—————•—————•—————•—————•

Aria stamped hard on his foot, if it weren't for the steel toes in his shoes, his foot would've been crushed. He hissed and went to nurse his aching foot, Aria's elbow shoved into his stomach. He fell on his back and coughed violently.

"You bitch!" He gasped out.

That wasn't helping his case.

When he got up and lurched too close, Aria grabbed his jaw, intending to break it in.

"What the fuck is going on?" Jake asked. He was almost in denial of what he was seeing.

This terrified drunk man and a crazed, wide eyed and violently sweating Aria. His jaw trapped in her grasp, his drinking flask discarded on the ground.

Aria's eyes shifted to Jake.

He's seen that look before. In the field. It was called shell shock once. PTSD. Whatever it was, it had Aria in its grasp.

"Aria, you're not in any danger." He said slowly, letting go of his wheels and raising his hands.

She looked so tired, but her hand didn't relent.

"I..." she said above a whisper, something was trying to get out.

"Talk me through what's happening." Jake wheeled, very carefully, very slowly forward.

"It was like... him... like Omega." Her breath was caught in her chest. Her grip loosened a little.

"Who was Omega?" Jake asked, maintaining eye contact.

"What is happening out there-" the elder Quaritch stepped out of his cave after Sully and froze at the sight.

"He was bad... women on base... allegations... he lied." Her grip tightened suddenly.

"What did he lie about?" Jake inched closer.

"Trust... trusted him. We all did. He was one of us. And he lied." Her teeth grit and she readjusted her grip on the mans jaw, practically choking his neck.