Chapter 7 Aftermath and vulnerability

Почніть із самого початку

"Sorry for the random question, but you seemed so calm while... you know. Do you have experience with this?" I questioned as William scoffed to himself

"Yes, I do, darling, and you have no right to speak on what I do, because you're just like me now" William hummed as he picked up the speed. I looked out the window and watched the trees zoom by, as if the world was moving around me despite being in a speeding vehicle.

"Are you going to hurt me?" I questioned as the man scoffed

"Darling, I could ask you the same thing. However, to answer your question. No, i'm not going to hurt you" William asserted as the smirk grew on his face

"That's relieving" I sighed

"Darling, I could never bring myself to hurt you. I love you, and I do hope that's mutual" William assured, taking his right hand off of the wheel, placing it onto mine, keeping his left on the wheel.

It was odd knowing that he was truly a sadistic, cruel man despite being gentle, caring and loving towards me. He cared for me, kept me safe, loved me, yet shaped me into what he desired;

A murderer.

"Darling, do you regret begging me to kidnap him so you could kill him?" William questioned as I solemnly nodded my head in response

"You do know that this is your own fault right, but then again, I am no better than you and you are no better than me. I guess this makes it so that we're perfect for eachother, we're meant to be together" William hummed

"I'm all that you need, my love. So, what do you think? Do you love me? Do you hate me?" William continued as he paused, expecting an answer

Did I love him? Or was I just clinging to him because I had nobody else to cling to. Nobody else to attach myself to for safety and for love. I hated how vulnerable I felt around him, but I loved it at the same time. I loved knowing that I felt safe enough with him to feel vulnerable with him, yet I hated him having to see me in an unwell state. I craved his touch as if it was alcohol or nicotine, some kind of personalised drug carefully crafted in order to commence and then fuel an addiction. Maybe even a poison pill, some type of drug most definitely. I'm infatuated with the thrill of being in his arms after participating in whatever he desires. I love his passion for music as it is similar to mine and quite possibly more intense than mine. I admire him, I love him. I do admit, his possessiveness is rather endearing, considering I've never felt as if someone genuinely ever wanted me until now.

This is love, I think.

"I love you too" I declared calmly as I turned my head to look at the man. His expression was warm and gentle, his beautiful grey coloured eyes were filled with love and content

"I'd trade my life for yours, my love " William hummed as he pulled up back to my house.

I exited his vehicle and gently shut the door as he'd done the same thing before we made our way to the front of my house. I reached into my pocket, grabbing the butterfly keychain attached to my keys before unlocking the door, revealing my home that I hadn't visited in a while. I don't even remember how long it has been, considering nothing has felt real lately, it's all felt like some kind of fever dream.

I shut the door after welcoming William into my home, grabbing his coat and hanging it up as he took off his shoes and placed them to the side after cleaning them off.

"How long have you been doing this kind of thing for" I murmured as the man smirked and raised a brow in reaction

"Curiosity kills the cat, my beautiful rose" William sneered before gently grabbing my hand and taking me to the kitchen. William turned on the faucet to meet a warm temperature before pouring soap and a limited amount of hydrogen peroxide into the water. He proceeded to grab a washcloth and wash his hands and arms before pulling me closer to him and washing my arms.