Wind x Cataclysm (angst)

"Gentle breeze."

Silence.

Nothing was heard from anywhere. Only a glade in the middle of the forest could be seen.

Like any sound, there was no breeze. The grass seemed to be slowly dying, its light hue being long lost, now in a shade of sickening green, almost brown. The flowers around didn't seem any better, their perfume was gone, their colors seemed more like an ask for help than a display of beauty. The trees slowly let go of the leaves they worked so much after fall to get back, the bushes showed more of their spiky insides than actual color.

Everything seemed to be a perfect example of a dead painting, the whole forest seemed to miss its magic.

Some plants were still persistent, even in the poisonous groud of chaos, they resisted. Fighting to grow in a desert without the water drops they seemed to need, not a single one bloomed. Instead, they faintly rested on any possible surface they could, a worthless way to try to spread their roots.

The blue sky, if that was even its color, was hidden by dark grey clouds. Not a light passed by the tense atmosphere, even so, supposedly it was day time and the darkness was "shining", calling the alive beings for the new day.

No one responded such call.

They never did and never would, abandoned was the most gentle adjective for the place, not even the ones who would wish so much to see the whole world in pieces would like to see such scene. The deadly silence was the only thing that remained, it didn't communicate with any other element, they all just unintentionally shared the will to create the unsettling tension in the air.

Even a small leaf touching the ground could be heard, of course, that also meant that the blast of flames crossing the dark sky was easily noticed.

Leaving behind a trail of smoke, a familiar face landed the ground, always facing forward, he smiled to himself when he saw everything exactly like he had left it. Not like it was a big surprise.

-- Good morning, Windy! -- Cataclysm, also very well known as the god of fire, waved happily to someone near the end of the glade, where the forest started to show up again. He carefully levitated to there -- Did you miss me? -- The flaming figure smiled slightly, finally reaching his destination. Silence was his only answer.

He carried a yellow and black cape on his arms, made from a resistant material. One he used to wear in the past times, but now it was only a memory. He folded the cape some times on top of itself, only getting it big enough for him to sit, carefully placing it on the grass.

-- I will take that silence as a "yes, I missed you" -- He sat on top of the clothing, being extra careful to not touch anything from the forest -- Sorry I arrived quite late today, I went to get you a little gift! -- It was 6:03, usually, Cataclysm would arrive at 6AM. -- Well~ say your goodbyes to that old flower you kept, Windy! I have a new one, just for you.. -- He carefully reached the dead flower rested on a rock, it probably used to be a rose, but now it rent apart just by a simple touch -- It seems like you liked it judging by how long it lasted, huh? No worries, I will keep it. -- Fire showed a flower to his beloved, that one stood out in the middle of the browns and dark greens, it had a beautiful red hue, the only bright color seen in a long time -- The red can have a lot of meanings, one of them being love, right? Well, I hope it reminds you of me! -- He placed it on the rock the other was previously on and slowly got up.

Cataclysm stood still for a while, staring at the dead flower on his hands and then looking around, he sounded a sigh.

-- Alright... I don't know why you insist in keeping these dead flowers, but if you say so.. -- He flew to a place near by, the ground was clearly attacked multiple times, probably by himself. Holes that have been digged before and were covered could still be noticed because of the lack of grass. Cataclysm digged another, taking out the dirt and carefully placing the flower inside, covering it again.