Night Raven x Cataclysm (angst)

If I ever write smth with Cataclysm and he is living a happy life, that ain't me- /hj

"Promise?"

"I promise."

That was what he said before he vanished and never returned.

Millennial Tree, the god of all forest, and possibly of all the cookie's world, got sick because of the immense corruption that was spreading all around. His sickness started to affect not only himself, but the whole nature that was connected to him, Wind Archer, his personal guardian, had to do something about it.

He told me that he had to, the solution, as himself, was related to the life of the "great tree", it was to give up his physical form in order to use it's magic for the uncorruption, because, by himself, with the hindrances such cookie form gave him, he wouldn't be able to.

"I was created from the wind, I will become it once again, and once again, I will come back."

We offered help but the only thing he wanted us to do was to guard Millie while he was out, he said it in a way that we felt like we were going to stay with Millie for some months, maybe years, and he would come back. That was what I thought, what he made me believe would happen, but nothing has such good endings.

Wind did everything like his own plans, his physical form turned into the own wind and the magic released from such body was used to cure Millennial Tree, as strong as ever. Windy, on the other hand, simply didn't come back as planned.

We asked Millie thousands of times, but he simply didn't know what had happened, Wind was the own forest's spirit, as long as the forest was alive, he would be, and believe me, we checked, the forest was alive, I swear I am not going insane.

Moon, Sea and me slowly got hopeless as not only months flew by, but years did. How many? I can't tell.

But I do know that so many passed by that my own mind started to play tricks with me, I saw shadows and leaves moving around, and every single time, I swore for everyone that I had seen him. I know you wouldn't like to hear that, Windy, but I had no hope to see you again, and that hurt me, but I knew you wouldn't want me to give up, but my good Millennial Tree, only I know how tired I was. I knew you where there, watching me as the wind, but I wanted to see you again, y'know?

Every place I looked, I reminded of you; every letter I wrote was dedicated to you; every dream I had was about you. At some point, I just decided to sleep more, maybe hope to have an endless dream where you were here. Moon and Sea weren't anywhere near happy, but I felt like I was just making it all go even more down hill by my simple existence, so I just slept for a while longer.

...a very big while.

I only woke up because our friends thought that all this time without me was enough. They knew I missed you and when I said I wanted some time for myself, they understood, but they said it got too much. And that they missed me.

I missed you too, could I simply wake you up?

They told how long I had been out, I don't really remember now.

But I do remember that when I woke up you were staring at me, with that beautiful eyes, you smiled, and it felt like all the bad things had never happened, you were shinning as bright as ever and I swear, the whole forest seemed to get way more alive with you there. Slowly, yo-

I woke up, once again.
I think some fruit hit my head this time.

-- mhm... -- I groaned as I slowly regained consciousness, as I said, I was floating next to a tree, one fruit fell on my head -- Such a nice way to wake up... -- I said ironically