Chapter 14 - Private Rehearsal

Start from the beginning

MICHAEL'S POV

I don't really know why I was walking to the Williams' house. If I was being honest with myself, than I guess I was going to see Sophia. I had brought my musical script with me, so that it didn't look like I was coming over just to see her. Part of me wanted to check how she was going with the whole Fred thing, and another part of me just wanted to see her. And that was the part I didn't understand. 

Lately, I'd noticed that I wanted to spend more and more time with Sophia. We had actually become close after our dates cheated on us with each other. I no longer looked at Sophia as my friend's younger sister, now, she is an acquaintance. Okay, maybe not an acquaintance. I guess I would call her a friend. And it's totally normal for friends to hang out with each other... so, I guess that's why I was going over. To 'hang out'. 

I got to their door and knocked. Dylan opened it, and looked at me confused.

"Hey ME, I didn't know you were coming over man," he said curiously.

"Oh uh, I actually came to practice lines with Soph," I said awkwardly as I ran a hand through my hair.

Dylan raised his eyebrows, but shrugged, "Sure she's up in her room. I've gotta go to work though bro so I'll see you later."

I nodded, and waved him off as he got in his old car and went to work. Dylan had been working at McDonald's forever. Not that I was complaining, because I often got free nuggets.

I walked up the stairs to Soph's room, and I heard giggles coming from behind the door. I hesitantly knocked, and Soph's friend, Emma, opened it and looked at me with a smirk.

"Soph, Michael's here," she told her friend with a giggle.

I gave Sophia a grin and she smiled back at me. 

"I was going anyway," said Emma still giggling.

I watched as Emma winked at Soph, before Soph blushed and pushed her friend out of the room.

"Uh hey," said Soph awkwardly.

I smirked at her, "Sorry for dropping in. I just wanted to practice for the musical if you're keen?"

Soph grinned at me with a nod, "Yep, you just saved me from having Emma steal my entire closet."

I raised an eyebrow at her, but decided to let that comment go. I will never understand girls.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

SOPHIA'S POV

Why on earth did I just say that? As if Michael cares what Emma was doing with my clothes.

Stupid stupid stupid I cursed myself. 

I stood awkwardly staring up at Michael as he looked around my room. Suddenly, he flopped himself down on my bed.

"Comfy bed," he said, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

I giggled and gently whacked him over the head, "What part did you want to practice?"

"Hmm just any random parts. I don't think I'm ready for the dress rehearsal yet because I barely know all the lines," he explained as he sat up on my bed.

I nodded understandingly, completely ignoring the part about the dress rehearsal.

"So uh wanna just go through pages 7 - 20 or so?" Asked Michael as he flicked through his playbook. 

I nodded once again, and opened up to page seven. 

We began reading through the lines, not having to worry about doing any actions because the lines were basically just conversations between our two characters.

That was, until we got to page 12, where Michael was supposed to kiss me on the forehead and bring me into a hug. It was halfway down the page, and we were currently reading the first few lines of the page. I felt so awkward that I nearly messed up my lines. I mean, was he going to do the actions? It's not like Grace was here to make us do them, so maybe he'd just skip over it? He probably wanted to avoid having to touch me at all costs, considering I'm just a freshman.

We got to the lines, and my breath hitched. Michael stared at me cautiously. He was still sitting on my bed, and I was standing about a metre away leaning against my wall. Slowly, he got up from the bed and walked over to me. At this point, I could barely breathe and I was looking anywhere but at him.

When he finally reached me, I stared right at the ground. Was he actually going to willingly touch me like that? I heard him chuckle softly as he placed a finger under my chin to lift my head up. Okay, so that wasn't in the script. When I looked back up at him, he was staring straight at me and smirking. Slowly, he leant forward and placed a hand behind my neck - bringing my face closer to his. He leant down, and kissed my forehead before pulling me into a hug. I was so caught up on how bloody cute the moment was that I completely forgot to hug Michael back. He held me at arms length and looked down at me with a fake pout.

"You aren't going to hug me back?" He asked jokingly.

I giggled nervously and blushed a bit before wrapping my own arms around him. I heard him laugh again before he hugged me back tightly. The hug probably went a little longer than it should have, but I was not complaining. 

After that, we read through the script, doing the actions and everything. By the time we were finished, I was laughing so hard because Michael had decided to do the last page in an asian accent. 

It was nearly eight at night when Dylan came home. He was surprised to see that Michael was still there, but he said nothing of it. Because no one could be bothered to do anything for dinner, and because Dad was at some business conference we ended up ordering a pizza and watching Disney movies. I tried to concentrate on the movies, but all I could think of was the fact that I would have to kiss Michael Edwards in three days time.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————