He stops moving and almost stops breathing at the familiar sound of the lethal weapon so close to his head.

Matteo: I advise you to stop interfering with my wife's methods or you won't leave this place in one piece.

He takes a deep breath before he looks at me.

Christian: Matteo you won't pull the trigger. Put this away.

Matteo: It's not the trigger you should be afraid of my friend but my bare hands.

I stare him down but the bastard doesn't back away. Of course I can't pull the damn trigger but man do I want to?!

Camilla: Did Christian mess you up like that?

Camilla's voice turns my attention back to her as she unbothered continues to ask the man on the ground.

Christian's man: Y-Yes my Donna...

Camilla: Was he the one who order you to kill Vito Angelinni?

Christian's man: No! Of course not! I had nothing to do with it my Donna! I was only unlucky enough to find his body!

The fact that he stood up for himself doesn't surprise me. I more than anyone know that he had nothing to do with my father's murder. He is just another pawn. But what surprises me is he sticks up for Christian, even though he could so easily throw him under the bus making my life simpler!

Camilla stands up straight and looks at Christian who's left there watching unable to form a word.

Camilla: You beat your own man and you were ready to turn him in to us while he stayed truthful defending you. Why would a random guard of yours kill Vitto and then not even try to blame it in you?!

Christian: I don't know! He might be crazy!

Camilla: A crazy person doesn't organise a murder like that. Covering their tracks, knowing when to act? That was a considerate hit and your wedding was just the perfect opportunity. I don't know who did it Christian but we will find out and when we do he will pay. And even though I believe I speak for both of us when I say we appreciate how he immediately came here with a suspect I can tell you with absolute confidence in my words that, this man is not the one who killed my father in law.

Silence.

Nobody speaks.

Nobody breathes.

I am standing there in complete shock with how her mind works. She placed it as a fact that this was a rival's hit. She made it clear they had to think it through as if it was a whole operation. And she played her role so well everybody believed her! Amazing!

Camilla doesn't take her eyes from Christian waiting for his reaction but I can't take my eyes of her. I never imagined a woman would turn me on this badly because of her ability to bend the facts and change the truth in such a convincing way!

Christian: I- It makes sense...

She nods and turns to Antonio who goes to free the man off the rope around his wrists. I put my hand back on my belt and Christian looks between my smirking face and Camilla's still serious one.