Chapter 6

Camilla's POV

Camilla's POV

One moment I'm struggling to pick up my wasted father from our kitchen's floor while cocaine is spread all over and now I'm touching the golden railings of the mansion which belongs to the man who runs this city and not only... I'm wearing an expensive dress and I'm dolled up to meet the family of my future husband. All of it would seem dreamy... only none of these is happening because I want it to.

Matteo takes my hand helping me down the stairs as we walk to enter the dining room. His grip on me is strong but he keeps his eyes straight ahead. And as soon as we enter the room I see why. His cousins stand up and the man who must be Mario glue his eyes on me. I feel Matteo's hand squeezing mine but I can't really figure out if it's the anger taking the best of him or he actually wants to reassure me.

Matteo: Lady...*smirks* and gentlemen. I present you my fiancee. Camilla Corleone.

Juliana gives me a suspicious half smile while Matteo's father doesn't even bother to look my way.

Mario: What an honor. To finally meet the woman who bewitched my beloved cousin.

Sure beloved! I don't need to be a genius to notice the venom in the man's voice. He slowly walks to us and takes my free hand in his.

Mario: Mario Bianci. It's a pleasure to meet you.

He proceeds to pull my hand close to his face and I can feel Matteo tensing next to me. Seems like this dinner might actually be fun! After all what did he say again? We shall fall together... sure thing but to me it happened before. And since then I promised myself to always have.

Camilla: I have no doubt about that.

He smirks and kisses the back of my hand.

Mario: Now that I didn't expect. Is that how you turned my cousin into an one woman's man?

Matteo: One of the reasons. Let's just say she never fails to surprise me!

Juliana: Well you are full of surprises yourself cousin. You seem like a suitable couple by that aspect.

Juliana looks at us and I'm sure that she is referring to the tied up situation. It's a shame she belongs to a family like this. She actually seems like a good person.

Matteo: Indeed it's a match.

Vito: I'm sure you can discuss all these over dinner. Besides we are here for business.