Chapter 2

Matteo's POV

Antonio: You are back early.

I glance at my friend, the only man I can probably call a friend in this brothel of life we live. Antonio as always lit a cigarette and inhales the smoke before releasing it with a breath. His drug of choice. Fucking nicotine.

Matteo: What an observation

Antonio sighs and walks to me as I take off my shirt throwing it on the floor.

Antonio: No blood today?

Matteo: Only from a safe distance. I killed a little prick who stole drugs. An idiot of a man indeed.

Antonio: Only one?

I look at him as he keeps on with the questioning. That annoying bastard knows me better than anyone. And he unfortunately does know there is more to the story.

Matteo: I met a girl.

Antonio: There it is! Every time you find a chick you-

Matteo: Do not finish that sentence. I didn't say I fucked her. Just...met her.

I smile at myself thinking of her terrified expression. How she dared to look at the dead body only after it was taken care of. And yet she stood her ground. She talked to me without any shame and never averted those beautiful shinny orbs.

Antonio: You didn't? Then?

Matteo: She caught my eye isn't that enough?

Antonio: *sighs* I don't want to know what you thought of the poor woman. All I am saying, is your father has other plans than to let you fuck around.

I snort at the mentioning of my father and stand up to change clothes. Same shit different day. The man has his own rules that inevitably we have to follow.

But Calabria is my city. He might have a name and a reputation but I am building one of my own as well.

Matteo: Let the old man think he has the upper hand. I have other plans.

Antonio: You know that scares me!

I smirk at him and he shakes his head.

Matteo: As it should.

*Knock*

Antonio: Come in.

The door opens and Isabella walks in. One very fuckable chick I would say. She doesn't ask many questions and she obeys every order.