His face lights up, and he smiles warmly at her. "Yes. In fact, that was the first time I ever baked after she passed"

Seori's heart softens at the way he is smiling at her. She feels warm - not the one that spins her head till she is nothing but blankness, but the one that is so tender and gentle, wrapping her entire being in this lovely embrace.

"How did you...I mean, how did you end up baking again?"

He looks at her without saying anything for a long beat, his fingers playing with hers. "I could not think that night. I felt guilty and I hated myself for saying those things to you. I went home in agony and it felt like I would rather split my heart open and throw it into the washer instead of having to deal with the bitter feeling. I was so harsh on you that day. So...I baked the strawberry tarts for you...because that was what my grandma always did when I was very stressed and upset."

He pauses, one hand slowly reaching for her hair, gently caressing them between his finger and thumb.

"I was hoping it had cheered you up"

Seori stills at his words, forehead creasing as she takes them all in, one word at a time, feeling her emotions building in her. Something about his voice and the gentleness in it makes tears brim in her eyes.

"It did. I finished them all in one seating", she takes in one deep breath, smiling up at him. "They were really good and I loved them"

Light twinkles in his eyes as he smiles widely, one hand brushing her hair. "If that is so, I will bake more for you"

Seori places her hand on his hand which is now caressing her face, making him look at her with his eyebrows lifted. "Why don't you teach me how to make them?"

They look at each other for a beat before Seori gasps softly, shaking her head.

"Oh no, wait. I cannot ask you to do that. That is your grandma's recipe - it's sentimental and -"

"I will teach you how to make them", he cuts her off.

She blinks at him, inching away from him slightly in surprise. "Why so?"

"Because you are my favourite person now", he touches the side of her face, looking very much mesmerized as her eyes follow the movement of his finger.

"Have you ever realized how frequently you touch my face", she laughs shyly. "And me"

He looks unbothered at her words, his fingers gently cupping her jaw as he looks down into her eyes.

"It is impossible not to want to touch you", he leans closer, so unabashed at the way he is basically staring at her face. "It feels right to hold you too"

"Does it?", her eyes beam up at him, a blush creeping up from her neck up to her cheeks making her smile bashfully.

"Very much"

He leans down and kisses her, his hand gently cradling her face as he tilts his head. The kiss is slow, tender and unrushed, blooming sparks all over their skins, pulling smiles on their lips.

"I realize something", she inhales deeply, licking her lips, wet from the kiss. "It is quite amusing how frequently you kiss me lately"

Something playful flashed behind his eyes as his hands slide down to her waist. "You seem to be enjoying the kisses"

"I am not complaining", she makes a face at him, resting her hands on his chest. "I like kissing you too - we are even"

Taehyung pulls her impossibly closer, making her tilt her head even more just to look at his face. "It is quite insane how much I love being close to you. Did you summon the sea ghosts to put a spell on me, Park Seori?"