XXI

5 years later.....

'All this time I sink, drowning like a stone
Tryna close my eyes, shut my ears in this throne
Losing my way home, then you came along
Everywhere we are, felt like where I belong

Kim's latest song was playing on FM as the car drove towards a minor house, Nop and Big were in the front seats while Vegas was in the back seat. He was staring out the window with a blank face.

Five years have passed, five years since Pete left the minor house and left the broken Vegas behind. Five years since Vegas was looking for Pete, hoping that Beta would forgive him and come to him. Five years since he was lying to Venice about his Pa who turned 6 and half years now.

Soon the car entered the minor house parking and Vegas saw little alpha running towards the car. Venice patiently waited for the car to stop before he rushed to Vegas who smiles though he was tired and picks up the little boy.

"Dad! I got an A in maths!" Venice told Vegas excitedly, who caressed his hair and gave him a proud smile, "That's like my son! So proud of you!"

Venice puffed his chest and grins happily, they entered inside the house and were greeted by Macau and Porchay who had spread all their notes on the ground as they were preparing for finals.

"You both are more than enough prepared for exams, stop stressing about it.." Vegas commented as he watches the younger two but they ignored him and tried to read as much as possible

"Cau and Chay have been like that since they came from college.." Venice informed Vegas who shook his head and sighed, "Let them be... you go bath and get ready for bed.." Vegas told Venice who nodded and rushed upstairs.

Vegas went after him before stopping and looking at photo frames all over the wall near the stairs, those were photos of Pete with Macau and Venice. He smiles sadly as he looks at Pete longingly before climbing the stairs.

Vegas didn't let himself shatter after Pete left, he tried his best to take care of both Venice and Macau and spent the rest of his time handling the minor house business. When he feels lonely or lost, he hugs Pete's photo and apologizes repeatedly till either Venice or Macau finds him and comforts him.

Half an hour later, Venice lay in bed with Vegas by his side. The little boy wiggles a little before lying quietly and staring at Vegas with wide eyes. Vegas got the signal and shook his head, "Which story do you want tonight?"

"Wolf and little riding hood..." Venice replies and looks at Vegas with the expectations, Vegas wanted to frown but then he gave up and started telling Venice the story.

Lost in your eyes, there was no place I could hide
Take me inside and let me live in your mind,
No pain tonight, this place is reserved for only you and I

A few minutes later, the story was over and Venice was still wide awake. He snuggled to Vegas and whispered in a tiny voice, "Dad... Will Paa be there on my birthday this year?"

Vegas froze and pulled Venice closer, he was too emotional to answer. He didn't know what to say, after a couple of minutes Vegas finally spoke, "That's a secret, Paa didn't tell me too.."

"Then, I will wait for him!" Venice told Vegas with determination and all alpha could do was to nod.

Venice hesitates before he speaks again, "Paa is still upset with you?"

"... Yes.."

"Then let me meet him, I will ask Paa to forgive you.. He will definitely listen to me.." Venice told Vegas who stares at Venice and then caresses his hair, "I wish I could Ven.. I wish I could.."