XVII

Pete didn't resist when Chan pulled him up from the ground and took him toward the dungeon. Pete felt like laughing but no voice came out of his mouth. He always heard about Main House's dungeon and was curious to see it but never had he thought about being there as a prison instead.

Once Chan threw him inside the jail, he looked at Pete without expression and said, "Cooperate and we won't hurt you.." Pete didn't bother to answer and leaned over the wall as he sat on the ground.

                                        A day passed and no one ever came to check on him, Pete started thinking about everything in the past and tried to stay strong. He still hoped that Vegas would come and get him. He was still hoping that Vegas would realise that he was wrong and come take Pete away.

Pete was still hopeful when he heard the footsteps, he quickly looked up and his eyes turned watery as he saw Vegas.

"Vegas.." The beta whispered in a longing voice as he rushed towards the bar and gripped it.

"Will you still be quiet?" Vegas asked as he looked at Pete, Pete stared deep into Vegas' eyes and then his face saddens when he didn't feel the same warmth and love that it once held. Pete felt like the person in front of him wasn't his alpha but someone else, he felt like whatever they once had was lost.

"I will tell you whatever you want to know but will you trust me?" Pete asked as he looked at Vegas.

“Should I be trusting you?” Vegas asked back as he looked at Beta with mistrust, Pete sighed and spoke, “Venice is my younger sister’s son… Khun Gun and Phailin…”

Vegas stares at Pete as he waits for him to continue, Pete hesitated before he continued, “My sister is omega…When I was reclassified with Omega biology, my dad was furious. I was abnormal for him, he just wanted to get rid of me. That’s when your dad helped me escape my father’s clutches…”

Pete trembles as he continues while Vegas wanted to pull his mate into his arms and tell him that everything was going  to be alright but Vegas, himself didn’t know if it would actually will be

“One day, my dad learned that omega’s heat could trigger my biology response too… He sent my sister to see me while she was in heat when Khun Gun came to visit the training camp….he wanted me to end up with Khun Gun because that will benefit him… Unfortunately, things didn’t end well, Khun Gun ended up marking my sister as everyone in training camp went uncontrolled! It was just a mistake! Khun Gun regretted it as he never wished to do it but my father kept threatening him…”

“Threatening?! Your father could actually threaten my dad?” Vegas looks at Pete with both disbelief and disgust. Pete nodded and continued, “That’s because Khun Gun was training people behind Korn’s back! He was planning to separate the Minor family from the Main family…”

“Are you really telling the truth or this is one of your new lies?” Vegas looks at Pete and questions. Pete quickly shook his head and spoke, “I’m not lying! I will tell you all the details! You can check it for yourself..”

Vegas sighs before touching Pete’s face, “I hope you're telling the truth Pete… or else I will never forgive you for plotting against my family, I will make you regret ever coming in contact with us…”

Pete turned pale seeing hatred in Vegas’ eyes and spoke back, “I will never betray you… I will never hurt you or Macau..”

                                  A few hours later, The whole dungeon was filled with screams from Pete as Vegas tortured him. Big and Nop stood outside the chamber with an uncomfortable look. They felt so uncomfortable that they couldn't even watch the scenario.