X

Vegas kicked Macau out of the room and sat next to Pete, he touched Pete's forehead while Pete looked at him calmly, "No more fever.."

"I troubled Khun, I'm sorry…" Pete whispered as he looks at Vegas who rolled his eyes and replied back, "Just stay away from stupid omegas…"

"It's not my fault they ended up in front of me…" Pete said playfully but stopped when he saw Vegas' serious expression.

"I was scared… so scared when you went missing, when I found you covered in blood, when you broke into tears… I…" Vegas looked at Pete helplessly.

"Khun.." Pete hesitated before he decided to tell Vegas everything, he didn't tell the alpha about what that old alpha told him. Vegas was already fuming in anger and Pete didn't want to make it worse

"How can uncle do business with such people? That bastard.." Vegas' eyes were turning red with anger and the room was dense with Alpha pheromones. Pete could be feeling Vegas' hatred and anger

Though a temporary bond, Pete can still feel Vegas' emotions, he holds Vegas' hand and rubs it gently to calm him, "Nothing happened, I'm safe and home.."

"But what if you couldn't defend yourself??" Vegas' mood worsen at that thought but then Pete cups his face and spoke calmly, "But it didn't, I'm fine, right next to you, Khun…  Calm down.. Vegas.."

Vegas looked t Pete and sighed, he leaned and kissed Pete's forehead. Pete was left stunned, he didn't know how to react, Vegas looked at Pete softly and said, "That's why Main house is still intact… if anything had happened to you, I won't let this go easily…"

Pete nodded dumbly as Vegas pats his hair, "Rest, I will go and check on Macau and Venice…"

                               A couple of weeks later, Pete washed his face and then looked in the mirror. The mark was fading but one can still see the teeth marks, Pete sighed as he touched it and then removed his hand.

Vegas was being all soft and caring towards him, though he didn't say it directly but Pete could tell that things aren't the same between them. Even when Macau teased them, Vegas would just smirk or roll his eyes.

Pete was too scared to ask Vegas if their relations had changed from contracted partners to something more, something deeper but Pete was scared. He was scared of both possibilities and that he might be overthinking stuff.

"You're not supposed to get attached, you stupid beta! You're here to protect them, not to find a lover and family…" Pete whispered to himself as he looked at his hand.

"We need to find Khun Gun's killer soon as possible and then find a perfect mate for.." Pete froze as he thought about Vegas with someone else.

He shook his head and then slapped his face as he told himself, "You're not supposed to get attached…. Venice isn't your son… Macau isn't your responsibility.. Khun Vegas isn't your… he isn't my…" He choked as he tried to convince himself.

A few minutes later, he wiped his face and went downstairs, where Vegas and Macau were ready to leave for their day. Big was handling Venice while Porsche still didn't return back.

Kinn confessed that he was in relation with Porsche and asked them not to tell Korn about both the incident and his relation with omega.

Pete felt his heartache as he imagined someone else beside Vegas, holding Venice and pampering Macau. He felt his breath hitched at the thought and clenched his fist.