𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝟖

—♛—

"𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘, 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄!"

Kara turned to her mirror to give herself one last check. She patted down her hair, which she had softly curled, and leaned closer to make sure that her dark eyeshadow and lipstick hadn't been smudged. She shifted back and gave a small twirl, smiling as the skirt puffed out.

She had gotten it while dress shopping with Amelia, and it had actually been the other girl's suggestion. It was a navy-coloured A-line dress that had a short V-neck, with similarly coloured sequins that covered the top, and trailed onto the satin skirt, which ended just before her knees.

Satisfied, Kara grabbed a purse that matched in colour and swung it over her shoulder after checking inside to make sure that her phone (Tony had given her a new one—he had a bunch lying around) and wallet was inside.

She shut her lights off and headed down the stairs, smiling as she saw Peter, who was standing at the front door and chatting with her mom.

He was wearing a suit with a tie that matched her dress perfectly, and his hair had been styled with gel so that it lay flatter than it usually did. He had his usual adorable grin on his face, and his cheeks flushed once he and her mom turned to face her.

"Oh, honey, you look great!" Helen cooed as Kara came up to them. "You two are so grown up."

"You look beautiful," Peter murmured to her with a smile, causing her own cheeks to heat up.

"You look quite handsome yourself," she returned with a grin as she pulled on a pair of black flats. "Let's go."

"Picture first!" Helen interjected as she pulled her phone from her jean pocket and stepped back.

Kara put on her best grin as she stepped beside Peter, and it only widened as he snaked an arm around her waist and pressed the side of his face against hers.

"All right," Helen sighed after snapping a few photos. She stepped to Kara and pressed a kiss onto her head. "You two have fun. Text me when I can pick you up."

"Got it," Kara reassured her, sending her a thumbs-up before grabbing Peter's hand.

"And tell May I said thank you for driving you there!" Helen called as Kara and Peter headed out the door.

"Will do!"

Kara shivered slightly as they entered the cool October evening, though the chilly weather had no effect on the grin plastered on her face.

"We should've gone last year, too," she sighed as they headed towards May's car, which was parked at the end of the driveway.

"Why didn't we, again?" asked Peter.

She shrugged. "You and Ned didn't want to."

"Right."

"Hi, cuties!" greeted May as the two of them slid into the back seat.

"Hi, May!" Kara replied, pulling her seatbelt on.

May smiled as she started the engine and put the car into reverse. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks! It took a lot of time and effort to look like this," Kara giggled, tucking a curled strand of hair behind her ear.

Peter's eyebrows furrowed as he turned to her. "You don't look that different from normal?"

"Hurtful," she sighed dramatically, placing a hand over her heart. "Hurtful, but . . . no, just hurtful."

"No!" he protested. "I mean like, you look as pretty as usual!"