𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐏𝐀𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝟔 | 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐖𝐍

—♟—

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 George and Lennie share?" Peter read out from the flashcard in his hand, the thick, black sharpie able to be seen from the back of the card.

The two were studying for the English test they had the next day on the first three chapters of Of Mice and Men at her house. They had invited Ned to join them, but he said he had to go to the doctor's, so he wasn't able to make it.

"They share the dream of buying a small farm together and working it. On this farm, Lennie said that he will tend to the rabbits and pet them whenever he wants to," Kara answered lazily, resting her chin in her hand with her elbow being propped up on the desk.

Peter gave her a small nod before flipping to the next flashcard and asking, "What does George tell Lennie to do if he gets in trouble at their new job site?"

"George tells Lennie to come to a spot where they were camping and to hide in the bushes until George comes for him," she replied, her eyes fluttering to a close as her breathing slightly slowed.

He moved on to the next flashcard, his eyes scanning over it. "Where did the bus drop George and Lennie off?"

"The bus dropped them off two miles from the ranch near Salinas River." She buried her head in her hands, letting out a small groan as she shook her head. "This book is so boring, oh my God. And I'm saying that. Me."

"We've only read three chapters," Peter pointed out with a laugh, his eyebrows raised at her.

She lifted her head, an incredulous expression on her face as she asked, "And do you like it?"

He paused, thinking about it seriously for a moment.

Kara felt a smile drawing onto her lips as she watched him; he always looked so cute when he was in thought. The adorable furrowed eyebrows, how he pursed his lips, the way he sometimes scrunched his nose when he was really deep in thought . . .

"No," Peter decided, bringing her out of her little moment of adoration.

"Exactly." Kara nodded as she rested her chin on her hand again. "Okay, continue quizzing."

They spent about two hours continuing to quiz each other, taking turns as they handed the flashcards back and forth. With that and a few breaks in between for snacks and random conversations, they were more than prepared for the test.

"Okay, done!" Kara grinned as she set the last flashcard down, stacking it on top of the other cards before sliding it to the back of her desk.

"Finally." Peter sighed in relief, leaning back in the chair as he folded his arms. "This is actually the worst book I've ever read. And I've read Twilight!"

"You've read—why did you read Twilight?" She crinkled her nose in disgust at the name. Sure, a lot of people liked the story, but . . . the vampires sparkled in the sun! In what world was that a realistic feature of vampires?

"It's a popular book! I wanted to see what it was about!" Peter protested, his hands raised in defence as he gave a small shrug. He was quick to reassure her as he shook his head, "I didn't like it though."

"All right, sure," Kara laughed at him before a serious look dawned on her face. "But the real question is, are you team Edward or team Jacob?"

Oddly, Peter answered her question rather swiftly. "Oh, team Jacob, for sure."