𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

​​𝐁𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝟔

—♝—

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐍 on her face, Kara grabbed her phone and did her routine social media checks before she went onto Snapchat.

Ignoring the other notifications, she opened the picture that Amelia had sent her: her feet clad in mismatched socks.

Kara looked around the desk she sat at, her eyes narrowed as she looked for any props to include in the photo she'd send back to maintain their streak.

After a moment, she grabbed a protractor from her pencil case, and snapped a shot of her kissing it before captioning it: 'I support farming, I guess you could say I'm pro-tractor.'

As soon as she had sent it, her phone began to buzz from a phone call, and her mother's contact popped up (it was a picture of her with a cat filter).

Kara clicked to accept and raised her phone to her ear as she greeted, "Hey, Mom, what's up?"

"Kara, are you busy?"

Helen's urgent tone worried her, and Kara quickly replied, "No, why?"

"Come to my office."

After giving a quick "Okay," Kara hung up and teleported into her office, where Helen was already on her feet, pacing around the room.

Her head snapped up as soon as Kara appeared, and she stepped towards her. "Kara, honey, I, um . . . You know those Sokovia Accords that the Avengers have been arguing about?"

Kara wrinkled her nose, the taste in her mouth growing bitter as she thought about it. "Yeah."

"Well . . . So . . ." Helen licked her lips, clearly trying to find the right words to use. "There's a fight that's pretty much guaranteed to happen soon, and . . . Tony's side acquired Spider-Man."

"Okay," Kara said slowly, her eyebrows furrowing. "That's cool, I guess. But why am I . . . ?"

"Kara, my darling, sweetheart, amazing, gifted, gorgeous, wonderful, sweet, sweet child . . ." Helen mumbled as she gently placed her hands on Kara's shoulders.

"Oh, God" —Kara's eyes widened, and her heartbeat quickened— "did someone die?"

"No, no," Helen reassured her with a small smile. "It's just . . . Spider-Man . . . is Peter."

Kara squinted her eyes in confusion. "What? Peter is Quick—wait." Her eyes widened as she realized what Helen meant, and she breathed out, "No."

"Yes," Helen sighed, reassuringly caressing her daughter's arms. "I went over to Tony's computer to grab some files for my research, and I came across a folder named 'Peter Parker.' Naturally, I wanted to see why Tony had info on him, and, well . . ."

"No." Kara swallowed, her eyes moistening as she shook her head. She refused to believe it. "No, Mom, it has to be wrong or something. Maybe it's a different Peter Parker."

As much as she wanted to deny it, for Helen to nod and shout 'April Fools!' (even though it was nearly July), everything was beginning to make sense: why Spiderman's voice had sounded so familiar; why Peter's reflexes had suddenly become amazing; why his physique had become so fit; why he was busy all the time . . .

Helen gave her a small smile as she leaned forward and kissed her forehead. She sighed, and Kara dreaded whatever her mother was going to say next. 

"Kara . . . Peter's going to fight the others in about ten minutes."