𝟸𝟻 - 𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚋𝚎

Song- Anchor by Novo Amor

"You look gorgeous, as usual, very rope very sexy!" August exclaimed. "Finnick is matching with you,"

I stood in the mirror, taken aback at what was put on me. "Wow." Was all I could say.

•••

•••

I had boob tape and underwear on so I wasn't flashing. I was barefoot, and walked out to see Finnick waiting for me. He was wearing something similar, but it was covering his lower regions. My makeup was simple. Very simple. Just mascara and white liner on my waterline.

"Let's go talk to Ms. Everdeen." He whispered, I nodded. We strolled over where she was petting her horse.

"Katniss." Finn smiled. He stole one of the sugar cubes from a horse tray.

"Finnick, Tess." She greeted us.

"Want a sugar cube? They're supposed to be for the horses, but who cares? They've got years to eat sugar, whereas us...well, if we see something sweet," Finnick stops to let me finish. "we better grab it quick." I smirk.

"No thanks. But I'd love to borrow that outfit sometime, though." She jokes, making me lightly laugh.

"You're absolutely terrifying me in that getup. What happened to the pretty little-girl dresses?" Finn asks. My jaw drops and I smack his shoulder playfully.

"They really made you get into that getup?"

"I outgrew them." Katniss responds, I can sense her getting uncomfortable.

"You certainly did." I smile at her.

"It's too bad about this Quell thing. You could've made out like a bandit in the Capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted." I sigh, half joking.

"I don't like jewels, and I have more money than I need. What do you spend all yours on, anyway, Tess?" Katniss asks, her responses getting firey every question. I laugh at the thought of money.

"We haven't dealt in anything as common as money for years." I look down, then back to Katniss's emerald eyes.

"Then how do they pay you for the pleasure of your company?" She asks us.

Finnick steps closer to her, sensing how much I didn't want to answer that. I don't get anything from people's visits. I only got sponsors from them to save Finnick or Annie. I haven't got anything since.

"With secrets." I can barely make out from Finn.

I decide to step forward, because who doesn't love a little lesbian action? "What about you, girl on fire? Have any secrets worth my time?" I tilt my head up, our lips almost touching. She blushes, and I know how hard she's trying to hold her ground.

"Nope, I'm an open book. Everybody seems to know my secrets before I know them myself." She whispers back to me. I smile but it's sad and forced. "Unfortunately, I think that's true." My eyes go back to hers, and I can see right through her.

"Sorry you had to cancel your wedding." I take a step back. "We know how devastating that must be for you." I smirk and gently grab Finn's hand.

"Have a good day." Finnick smiles before connecting our hands and we walk away.

~Katniss's POV~

After Finnick and Tess wish me a good day, I see them walk away, Finnick tossing the sugar cube he offered me in the air for Tess to catch with her mouth. They were perfect for each other.

"What'd he want?" Peeta comes over to me. I laugh to cover my discomfort. "To know all my secrets." Peeta smiles to this.

"I'll have to get in line." He laughs.

We board the carriages, but my mind doesn't go away from the conversation I had with the two District 4 tributes.

Like how Finnick said any secrets worth "his" time instead of "our" time. Or how I knew that Tess could see straight through me when she looked into my eyes. The sad smile she gave me, it also felt like they were both jealous, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure I'm reading them correctly. They've been Capitol slaves since they won their games, they have to be better at acting than that. Unless they're trying to tell me something?

I'm overthinking this.

Word Count
{692}