𝟷𝟶 - 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜

Song- Black Out Days by Phantogram

I didn't have to fight in the Hunger Games anymore, I didn't have to kill anymore tributes, but I had to watch my best friend do it instead. And that broke me. It broke me to small, sharp pieces I couldn't put back together. Unless he survived. That was the only way.

I was waiting for Finnick and Lola next to their horses for the Parade. 2 male, Palomino horses, which were tan with a blonde mane and tail. I was gently petting the horse on the right, closest to me, when Lola and Finnick showed up wearing their ridiculous outfits.

Lola was wearing a jumper that started with a light blue almost white at the top, and faded to a darker blue at the bottom. She had on tan wedge heels, with blue makeup that accented her eyes and made her look older and professional, since she was. Her hair was in a slick bun, with a braid going into it.

Finnick was wearing an open light blue satin button up with dark blue satin pants and a pair of white dress shoes. He was finished off with basic liner and blue eyes shadow. His hair was slicked back, which looked funny. He did look very handsome, but I could tell he was uncomfortable. The outfits were much simpler than last years, surprisingly.

"Good luck." I smiled and hugged them both. They smiled and got on the chariot. It was white with blue and white glitter accents.

I left them and went over to Nadiyah, where she waited at the stairs. We headed down, and found ourselves in a white hallway where we could see the Tributes through multiple screens.

"This is fancy."

Soon enough, the Parade was over, and we were sent back to our quarters. It was dinner time, so we all sat at the grand table filled with food. We made small talk, laughing softly at some points. After, it was bed, then in the morning there would be individual assessments. The next day was training with mentors, then the next day was interviews.

Then the 65th Hunger Games. Finnick would go into the same place I did. Scared, lonely, and fighting for my life. I didn't want to lose him.

Dinner went by fast. I didn't eat much, I had no particular appetite after thinking about Finnick in the Games.

"Off to bed, children." Nadiyah smiled at the three of us. Finnick and Lola didn't object, and got up right away. I hesitated for a second, too tired to comprehend what she said.

Nadiyah was soon grabbing her last glass of wine, and strolling over to the couch, likely to watch Capitol TV. I watched her move so elegantly, how had I managed last year? It seemed so long ago, but also like it was yesterday.

Sleep was soon overtaking me, so I trotted to Finnick's room. He saw me and opened up his arms immediatly.

"Go to sleep Tessa."

"Only if you do."

~

It was time for individual assessments. I walked Finnick and Lola down to the training room. Their uniforms were black out turtle necks, you could only see their heads and hands. "Good luck," I smiled at Finnick before hugging him tight.

"Do your best." I smiled at both Lola and Finnick. They both returned it. I was now left alone, and had time to think about what Snow had made me do. What he made me promise.

When would I have to start? What would I even be doing? It didn't matter that much to me anymore. I'll just have to wait and see.

Nadiyah was sat reading a magazine on one of the white chairs.

"Ah! There you are darling, we can go shop-"

She was cut off by one of the same bodyguards of Snow's.

"Right this way, Miss Cresta." He had no expression. Nadiyah looked very angered, and I was just hoping this was just another congratulations gift. Not even close.

~

I was let out of the citizen's room 5 hours later. 5 hours. I don't even want to explain what happened. It was awful. One of the worst experiences I've taken part in. Almost worse than my Games. Finnick and Lola had to be back by now, and the scores would be broadcasted in about 30-45 minutes.

I stumbled into the elevator, the guard basically carrying me. I couldnt walk, I could barely stand. It hurt to move. Or just breathe. I hated life right now, all I wanted was to see Finnick and for him to hug me tight. That was all I wished for at this second.

The guard looked a bit sympathetic, but still he tried to maintain an expressionless face.

Soon enough we arrived back to the quarters. No one was in the entranceway. At least that I could see. The guard carried me to the couch, where he sat me down, and patted me down.

"I'm sorry, Miss Cresta." He mumbled, then walked away, back into the elevator. I was now filled with pain and fear. I was scared for the guard. For his safety. If Snow was watching he would surely have his tongue cut out, or killed at the worst solution. It brought tears to my eyes.

Finnick, Lola, and Nadiyah returned from the rooftop, probably getting some fresh air. Once Finnick saw me, it felt as though my back stopped aching, and my legs stopped shaking, just a smidge.

"Tessa! There you are!" he beamed and walked over swiftly. He embraced me into a tight hug, just like I wished."I was worried." He muttered into my ear. I smiled and kissed his cheek. I apparently looked as bad as I felt.

"You okay, Tess?" Lola asked slowly, with concern. I looked up trying to look calm. There were probably dozens of cameras on the floor."Yeah, just a long day." I gave a small smile, and Nadiyah and their stylists smiled brightly back. But Finnick and Lola knew something was up.

"The scores are being broadcasted!" Nadiyah squealed in excitement. We all sat around the TV. Finnick and I sitting very close near the corner. Lola was staring off in space in the chair next to us. Ceaser appeared on the fancy TV infront of us, going through the introduction to the scores. The careers all scored 9-10, district 3 had scored both 8s. Now, district 4. I was nervous, remembering what I got last year. A 5.

I hoped Finnick wouldn't get a 5, and same for Lola. Ceaser's voice now read off their scores.

"Lola..Birks...with a score of...9"

I smiled, "Good job."

"Finnick Odair, with a score of...10."

Finnick had a dim smile. "Good job to you,"

We both looked really tired, Finnick more upset, and me looking more anxious. Lola kept staring out into space, maybe it was a nervous habit.

"Well, it has been a busy day, time for bed children." Nadiyah ushered us to our rooms, and since she did, I was put in my room and couldn't go to Finnick's. The one time I really needed to be with him. I could tell by his eyes, that he wanted me with him too.

Word Count
{1216}