𝟶𝟸 - 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚍

Song- Till Forever Falls Apart by Ashe

We were now at the Capital, and on the elevator to District 4's floor. We walked out and Sapphire turned to show us around.

"This is where you'll be staying for the next 3 weeks. Feel free to make yourselves at home." Dylan and I both nodded and just stared at the beautiful living room before us. Crystal chandeliers, light blue and white couches and chairs, white tiled floors, it was gorgeous.

"Hey Dyl, think we get a luxury house like this when we win?" I nudged his shoulder. He looked down at me and smiled. We both stared at each other with a smirk before breaking down and laughing.

"Alright you two, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We did arrive later than scheduled, so you two go ahead and look at your rooms. You have a big day tomorrow, it's the chariot parade." We both left to our rooms.

As I opened my door, I saw a white bed with teal coverings, gray pillows, and white nightstands. There was a rug in front of the bed that had a gradient of blues and waves at the top.  I noticed on one of the nightstands there was a white, remote-type thing.

I walked over and sat on the bed. It was comfy, but not welcoming, like my bed in District 4. I reached for the remote, it was curved slightly and slightly thin. It had a blue button on it of all shapes. I pressed the one at the top, that I assumed was the power button.

The screen in front of me changed to a forest. It was quiet but I didn't like it. I changed it again, and it was the Capital's streets. I cringed at their horrifying style. I clicked it again.

This image drew me closer to the screen. It was the ocean back in District 4. The waves crashed on the sandy beach. The sunset's colors shone brightly even though the sun was going down. I smiled lightly, feeling my hand reach for Finnick's necklace. It was almost like he and I were both sitting on the beach together like we would when we were 9.

I was pulled from my thoughts when a knock sounded on my door. I looked over to see Dylan standing in the doorway."Hey kid. I see you found the remote." I smiled as he walked in."Yeah...pretty sure they put these in here to remind the tributes of their district." He laughed.

"Seems like something they would do. Anyway, Sapphire told me to get you. Dinner's here and you need to eat." I nodded my head and walked towards him.

~

My prep team had just finished scrubbing the first layer of my skin off, waxing my body clean of hair, and filing my nails and scrubbing them dirt-free. I was now in a very white room, waiting for my stylist. Finally, he walked in.

He had brown hair and a stubble. He had a bit of makeup, and he was wearing a suit."I'm August, and I have the pleasure of styling you."

"I'm Tess-"

"I saw your reaping. 13 years old,"

He seemed like he wanted to tell me sorry I had to go through this.

"Alrighty, let's get you glamified!" He had a bit of pep in his step and an excited smile. I smiled, solely at his energy."Yes! That smile is everything!" August beamed. He did pizzazz hands at my face, moving them back and forth.

"Now." He walked around me in a circle."Makeup time!"

~

My hair and makeup was done. I had teal eyeshadow in my corner blending out to a dark blue. My liner went out to the middle of my face, curving into waves. There were white gems at the bottom of my eye, just below my eyelash. I had white lipstick that blended to a light blue in the center.

My hair was curled into beach waves, then August made a part of the hair on my right side curve on top of the rest of my hair to look like a wave.

"You look gorgeous, TT." August smiled dreamily at me. A tear almost slipped from his eye."Very well," he sniffed."now for your dress."