𝟷𝟹 - 𝙰𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎

Song- Armor by Landon Austin

⚠️WARNING⚠️
•has slight mentions and hinting towards statutory rape

I sat in the tree. Sun setting in the backgrounds while my only wish was to see Tessa again. I had to keep fighting. For her.

I heard a familiar ringing from the sky, another sponsor. I looked up, and my eyes lit up for the first time since coming into the games.

A silver trident flying down with a parachute. I smiled up at it, feeling relief as I believed I was sure to win now. I got up, and it landed right in my hands. I felt the cold, smooth surface, knowing it must've costed a fortune. I took off the strings of the parachute, amazed at how Tessa could have found a sponsor willing to pay for this.

The sun, now set, made the air cold and damp. Food hadn't been much of a problem for me, but I was dehydrated. I had a small amount of water I had filtered from a puddle, but that was it.

Boom
Boom

2 canons exploded. 7 left. 6 to kill. I took a deep breath. The Capitol's anthem started playing, I reopened my eyes to see that both Careers had died from 2, Jack and Callie. Kingston was still alive, along with me, Ethan from 3, girl from 6, both from 7, and Bentley from 9.

I was looking down at my trident, still cold, feeling up to the sharp edges. Then I heard leaves crunching. I looked up immediately, trying to sit silently and still. Both from 7.

They had sat on the edge of the sand and jungle, maybe about 10 meters from me. They didn't have any weapons or food. They just looked exhausted, maybe from swimming.

Could I sneak up and kill them? I climbed down the tree and made my way over. I got up behind the girl, and stabbed her in the back with my trident.

Canon

The boy turned around quick as daylight, and stood up, dumbfounded and terrified. I retrieved the trident and stabbed him as well.

Canon

5 left. 4 to kill.

The sun was rising now, I wondered why, until the Game Maker's voice rang throughout the entire arena.

"Tributes, the 4 surrounding islands of the Cornucopia will be flooded in a matter of 10 minutes. You shall have that amount of time to make it to the Cornucopia for the finals. Thank you."

And with that, I quickly grabbed my trident and knife, placing them in my belt to make it easier to swim. I jumped off the tree and ran for the ocean. The sand had already been absorbed. I swam as quickly as I could, desperate to get to the island and live.

5 minutes later, I finally reached it. I ran through the jungle, sprinting into the meadow of the Cornucopia. The meadow wa starting to flood, as the island was on a slant like formation. I climbed up the sides of the iron structure. I was the first one.

Boom

Only 4 people left.

Boom

Make that 3.

Shortly after, I saw the girl from 6 dragging through the knee high water. She was panting so loud, I could tell she was exhausted. Her palms slid up the Cornucopia, trying to reach me or get away from the water. Even if I wanted to help her, I wouldn't be able to reach. The water was up to her neck in a matter of moments.

Her palms still stretched up towards me as the water consumed her. I watched in shock, but tried not to show it. My mouth, slightly agape, was dry and desired water so bad, it felt as though on fire.

Boom

2 left. Where was Kingston? I felt a searing pain in my shoulder, I looked behind me to see Kingston. I shoved him back with my little leg strength left, just enough to push him to the edge of the Cornucopia. I took out my trident, and enveloped it in his skull. I took it out, and he fell into the rising water.

Boom

That was it. I was the last man standing. I was alone. I was this years victor. And I get to see Tessa.

The water stopped.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this year's victor for the 65th annual Hunger Games, Finnick Odair."

The hovercraft came and collected me, bringing me to the medical bay. I couldn't remember anything after that, but I saw Tessa. She looked extremely worried, but proud.

————Extra Scene————

~Tess's POV~

I saw Finnick stare into the crimson water. He was very skillful in the water and in general. But I knew, he would do better with a trident. A weapon not commonly seen in the Games. But it surely worked for him.

"Nadiyah, escort me to Landry?"

I had recently been sold to a very wealthy man, Landry Jules. 3rd time being bought this year, it was better than having Annie and Finnick executed.

Landry had been a fatherly figure, to everyone in the outside world of Panem. But, that couldn't have been any more wrong. He welcomed me in, Nadiyah leaving me, thinking I was safe.

I was wearing a white skirt that was a good length, and a light blue blouse that had sleeves off my shoulders. Paired with swani boots, kudos to Nadiyah, who had suggested them.

"What brings you here, my beautiful doll?" He asked placing his hands on my hips."Oh y'know, I was just wondering..."

"Wondering what, pretty lady?" I was disgusted as he move his face closer to mine, and his hands moved down.

"I mean, I don't think it'll be a problem because of your richness and wealth, but I think Finnick would do well with a trident, seeing as it would be more gruesome and there's 9 tributes left, including him." I buttered him up, moving my hands to his stubble.

"We'll see how you do today."

Word Count
{999}