I

(A/N: THE FIRST CHAPTER IS SUPER ROUGH SORRY!! I haven't written in a long while..)

Y/n's pov:)

"Get out of my way, dumbass!" Ava yells at me as she shoves me to the side. Ava is one of the vampires at my school, Nevermore Academy. There's all kinds of outcasts like vampires, werewolves, sirens and gorgons. In other words, fangs, furs, scales and stoners. But not all students here are so-called monsters. Like for example, me. I'm just a troubled teen with shitty parents.

Speaking of my parents, I wouldn't say they sent me here because it's the best thing for me. It's probably better for them than it is to me, to be honest. I could complain and whine about how I had a bad childhood and how my parents never loved me, but I don't really care.

"As long as I'm alive,
everything is alright."
As someone might say.
Ps. literally no one says that I just don't want to seem cringe

But back to now..

I get bullied a lot here, but I don't really mind it. It's not usually anything bad. A few shoves here and there, rarely anything physical luckily. I move to the side as the fangs pass by. I just ignore them as usual. I continue my way into my dorm. It's nothing special, but at least I get to be alone. You know, I like being alone, but feeling lonely is a totally different thing. It gets pretty lonely sometimes when you have no actual friends. I fall onto my bed as I stare at the dumb and boring ceiling. I like it here, it's quiet. It's extra comfortable at night since I get to put on my fairy lights and chill.

I should probably do my homework, but I'd rather just fall asleep right now. Regardless, I get up and drag my bag with me to my messy desk.

I hate the amount of assignments they give me here. At my previous schools I could just not do anything and get a C on almost everything. All that mattered was that it was enough for my parents. Now I have to do lots of work to even get a D. I miss my old teachers.

***

I dread my life as I finish up the last bit of my math homework. I heard we're getting a new math teacher. I hope they're at least a bit nicer than my current one aka Mr. Brunner. He yelled at me for going nonverbal after he ridiculed me in front of the whole class for not knowing the answer to a simple question. To be fair he was a total dickhead and his classes were boring so it wasn't my fault ..entirely, at least..

I look at my phone and see that it's currently 12.03 am. No big deal. I still have time to listen to some music and draw or write a quick poem. I put on my headphones and play some playlist filled with artists like Mac DeMarco, TV Girl and Strawberry Guy. I take out my sketchbook and keep flipping it to find a blank page.

'I need to get a new one soon', I think as I struggle to find a page that isn't filled with useless scribbles and random words.

To be honest, it sucks not having anyone who cares about you. No one to talk to or tell random things.

My mood gets ruined as I start overthinking again. I hate overthinking, but it's literally impossible to stop. I just keep thinking and thinking until I explode. Like a time bomb. I put the sketchbook away and make my way to my wardrobe. If you can even call it that anymore. It's just a pile of clothes. I pick out some sweatpants and a hoodie. I quickly change and head over to my bed. I check my alarm for 7.15 am and put my phone away.

I'm left alone with my thoughts. Just waiting for the next day to come.

**********
(673 words)

A/N: Hey you guys!! First chapter wohoo🙌🙌
I wanted to write a story that I haven't seen before. I'm sure some of you guys will enjoy. Also this chapter is kinda short ik, I'll write longer ones so no worries!!
Byee;)))

***********