𝐗𝐕

TW: Fighting and death

[Jungle - Emma Louise]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Beverly's POV

As we cautiously walk through the gloomy hallway, we try not to let our footsteps echo off of the walls, alerting anyone who is in the building. With our clothes stuck to our bodies, and our hair froze to our foreheads from the icy surroundings, we keep our eyes out for any suspicious movement. Cobwebs adore every corner of the walls, and dust falls from the hanging lights landing on the dirty concrete floor. A mixture of rust and water trickles down the walls, staining the once-white walls.

Then a shuffling noise behind us makes the hairs on the backs of our necks stand up straight. We all turn to the noise, training our weapons towards it. I raise my palms, ready to either blow them away with the wind or burn their insides. It depends on how nice they are to us.

"Ready?" Steve whispers.

"Yeah," Bucky says, with me nodding my head, but they won't see it with me standing behind them. It's more to comfort myself.

The doors slide open, pairs of red fingers seeping through the crack and pushing them apart, When the door is fully open, it reveals Tony, dressed in his Iron Man suit. I sigh loudly, not wanting another petty fight. Especially when we are finally here and we have found Zemo. He stalks towards us, electronically taking off his helmet, and revealing his scarily calm face.

"You seem a little defensive." He shrugs, continuing to walk towards us.

"It's been a long day." Steve tries to meet him in the middle, using his shield to defend his chest.

"At ease, Soldiers. I'm not currently after you." Tony looks up at us.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asks.

"Maybe your story's not so crazy. Ross has no idea I'm here, I'd like to keep it that way. Unless I gotta arrest myself."

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve stares at Tony. "It's good to see you, Tony." He lowers his shield.

"You too." Tony looks up at us, again. "Manchurian Candidate and Catwoman, you're killing me. There's a truce here, you can drop the weapons."

Steve raises his hand at us, signalling for us to follow his orders. I cautiously lower my palms, with Bucky doing the same with his rifle. Tony looks pleased with the actions, stepping closer to us. Steve leads the way, Tony following behind him, and Bucky and me trailing behind, still very cautious. It's practically embedded in our blood at this point.

We all enter another room, it is even darker than the last. Tony raises his hand again, his helmet back over his face. Bucky raises his rifle again, Steve with his Shield, and me with my hands.