Chapter Thirty-nine: A schemer in causality's laws

Start from the beginning

I nodded.

"And the heroine has more evidence of not pushing Viveca, given how none of the onlookers saw her doing so," he continued.

I nodded.

"Which made me think that this only leaves to one last possibility- especially with the gaps starting to show," his stare turned more serious. "The Law of Causality."

I did not respond. What was that all about?

"Something cannot come from nothing and this world is slowly building up the something," Valentin elaborated. "But in order to do that, then it must rectify the anomalies."

"I still don't get-"

"The characters are now being forced back to their storylines all because of Matthias being in a coma," he said.

"What do you mean everyone's forced back to their storylines?" Dread filled me.

"Every character has been acting out of their written plots since you arrived and well, it had been not much of a problem before," folding his arms across his chest, he stared outside of the window. "The little mage losing consciousness meant that this world had to compensate and it had to do it quick."

"Compensation? I don't understand-"

"It means that this world has gone out of its way to correct the anomaly that you have created which means that all characters are being ushered back to how they should be in the first place!" Valentin answered back, rather irritated. "And by doing so, it has been compensating, causing its boundaries to weaken and gaps are appearing. All worlds are connected one way or another. But too much compensation by a world will eventually cause a rift so big that a dimensional death will occur."

"So Matthias . . ."

"Oh, don't worry, he will wake up but when he does, be prepared," he cryptically said.

I was about to ask him more because I had still lots of questions unanswered but he snapped his fingers and the world was back to normal again, with Viveca waking up from her nap as if nothing really bothered her.

"With that being said," Valentin resumed his usual cheerful persona. "Welcome to our humble abode, Marcella."

An attendant from outside swung the carriage door open and it is not an exaggeration when I tell you that the palace looked literally magical with its golden pillars, sparkling fountains and walls covered with slithering rose vines that screamed classic opulence.

Valentin was the first to get off as he reached out his hand to assist me in getting off. I obliged and took a whiff of the floral scented breeze that seemed so different from back home but somehow was too entrancing for me to not take notice off.

Viveca who had finally regained her enthusiasm seeing her home also breathed in the air and smiled serenely as if nothing else mattered as she gingerly alighted from the carriage.

It didn't take long for her smile to break, however, as we took sight of the carriage following us along with the figures that alighted from it.

Cedric was the first to get off and intertwined with his arms was the heroine who was blushing furiously when she noticed that everyone was staring at her. Her hands seemed to clutch tighter onto Cedric's and the latter did not seem to mind.

Vivecas reaction turned cold and I knew at this moment that things were about to change drastically.

And in about an hour from now, things did change drastically.

---

A/N: Hey, what's up you guys? *emerges casually from my cave looking like a hermit who had not seen the sun for decades* 

Welp, I would really like to apologize for not updating for so long and I don't really have much of an excuse except for the usual: I had been very very busy and I really find it hard to update with my jampacked schedule. Please forgive me. But don't worry, I will not be dropping this so please stick with me even when my schedule for updating is too erratic for everyone's good. 

Anyway, how are you? I hope everyone's been doing great! This update is more on an explanatory side but I am slowly building up to the climax (?), methinks. I am really not sure how many chapters this would go on for but I have already laid out the plan for how this story will proceed and end. Whether this would have sequels or prequels is still something too ambitious for me to think of currently. But hey! We have already reached more than 50k reads?! How cool is that? I really hope to reach 60k before this year ends but I am already so lucky with the amount I have now and for the new followers, thank you! I hope you enjoy this chapter and I think I will be updating another one before this week ends since I am already on a holiday break so stay tuned! You could pester me for updates by commenting though, lol. The notifications popping up reminds me to post one. 

Enough about that and I just wish everyone happy holidays! Vote for this chapter, follow me if you want and/or comment your theories as to what will happen next! Until then, be seeing you!

Stay safe and stay hydrated.

Lovelots.