Love at First Letter - 29

Start from the beginning

We spend the rest of the night talking. We don't talk too much about what's going to happen while he's away. Instead we talk about now. What we like to do, what we like to eat. We just lay on the sand, cuddled in each other's arms, and watch as the sun's completely swallowed by the water and the moon rises up high over the water and the stars come out.

***

"If you even make her cry one time Mr. Military Boy I will take great pleasure in castrating you. Do you understand?"

I've been sat in my office with my fingers flying over the keyboard. A new idea had come to me early this morning when I got up and I've been stuck in this room coming up with chapters ever since. I've written three of them so far and it was very promising.

"Please stop threatening my boyfriend." I yell to my friends in the other room. "It's been a week and you're still threatening him." I massage my hands and stand up from the computer and leave my office. I step into the living room where Johanna and Cara are sitting on either side of Brett and keep listing off threatening things they are going to do to him.

Brett even though he was trying to keep his laughter at bay was failing miserable. He kept letting little chuckles slip through and one of my friends would always chastise him about laughing. They would say this is serious and he would try to keep a straight face.

"Or at least come up with new material."

Brett turns to look at me and gives me a smile. I smile back and lean myself against the back of the couch. They were watching some television show and I lean further down to wrap my arms around Brett's neck. My hands rest on his chest and my head falls down onto his neck. He turns his head to kiss my cheek and without warning wraps his arms up around my waist and brings me falling down onto his lap. I squeal and end up horizontal across all three laps, with my head in Johanna's lap and my feet in Cara's.

"How's the new material coming?" He asks me, his hands on my thighs. He gives one light squeeze and I smile at him.

"It's coming." I say to him. "I only have a few chapters done but I've already emailed my editor, she's looking forward to reading the first few chapters when I finish the next two."

I look up at Johanna who is smiling wide and when I ask her about it she just says, "Y'all are so cute together."

"Don't you two have some kind of date you need to be at?" I ask her and as if rehearsed Johanna and Cara both look at each other and then towards the clock before shouting out 'shit' and then proceed to rush upstairs to get changed.

Within the hour both Johanna and Cara were dressed and gone on their date. The twins stopped by momentarily but before introductions could be given my best friends push them out the door and leave us alone. "Well that was weird." Brett says, leading me by my hand through the hallway and into my bedroom.

Next thing I know, my backs against my bed and Brett's hovering over me. His lips touch mine and it's a different kind of kiss. It was slower and more passionate. He quickly deepens it and his fingertips find the edge of my t-shirt. His fingers crawl up my skin and to the edge of my bra and then make their way back down my stomach.