Chapter 29: The Wrath of Thunder!

Start from the beginning

Tears fell from her eyes as dread set itself within her heart.' Forgive me...lord Riser.' She thought as a blue light enveloped her.

But she wasn't the only one to be struck down. The moment it tore through Mihae, the lightning bolt curved and struck Ravel. Cutting through her spinal cord and French frying her intestines till they were cooked well done.

Lastly, Yubelluna was struck. But unlike with the others, the moment it made contact, the bolt expanded, consuming Yubelluna entirely. An explosion engulfed the sky, lighting up the heavens as it did.

It's light shined across the entire campus. Both leaders looked up, worried at this surprising occurrence.

When the blinding light subsided, the heavens remained undisturbed. The clouds were now nothing more than a mass of steaming gas. And from that gas fell two individuals.

Both Ravel and Yubelluna crashed. A small crater formed where they fell.

Akeno looked down at them amused." One down, two to go." She spoke before speeding toward the two downed servants.

"One of lord Riser's bishops has been eliminated." Grayfia's voice was finally heard. And shock was clearly evident from her voice. And with good reason. The time since the arrow formed and was shot, until the explosion and now, afterward, was only three seconds!

Not only was it extremely powerful and fast, but the light contained in the lighting was deadly towards demons and devils alike.

That's why Ravel was having a hard time recovering from the sustained injury. Her regeneration ability was taking care of it, but at a very slowed tempo.

'Cur-se you...Gremory!' She thought as she tried uplifting herself, only to feel an unbearable pain shoot through her entire body. Forcing her to remain immobile.

Struggling to lift her head, she looked at the source of her pain. Her stomach. Her eyes widened in horror as she came to the realization that her stomach had a basketball sized hole running through it. Charred black with intestines missing. Most likely vaporized in the attack.

Only a sliver of flesh kept her upper body attacked to her legs while fire raged over her body, trying to restore the damage that was done.

Fear started to grasp her heart as she realized something.' If..if that attack w-was any higher...I..I'd be..' The fear intensified.

Indeed. If the attack was but a mere three inches higher it would have struck her heart and killed her on the spot!

Ravel started shaking at the thought of almost dying.

"Lady...Ravel..." Ravel heard her name being called. When she turned her head, she saw Yubelluna laying in a crater no further than twenty meters from her. Her eyes widened at the state the queen was in.

Her left arm was missing. Along with half of her chest and stomach. Her lower torso was absolutely destroyed!

A green aura cloaked her, rapidly healing and restoring her body to its former peak.

Ravel sighed in relief when she saw this.' Luckily we had the Phoenix tears. Their healing prowess should restore Luna to her peak within a matter of seconds.'

And true to her thoughts, Yubelluna was fully restored within fifteen seconds!

Albeit naked, the Bomb Queen rose from her crater and recalled her staff. With a tap of her staff, her clothes were restored. She looked up at the incoming Akeno and sneered.

"Lady Ravel, I'll stall her for as long as I can. Once you've recovered, activate your ability. I'll activate mine soon after. We'll use the combined power to eliminate her." She stated before ascending to confront Akeno.